Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icons and Banners for BF.

Hi.

We're planning to make a database with icons and banners all BF members can use. So if you wish to share some of your icons and banners with BF, that would be super nice. It's okay if it's older work, and if you've used it before. And if you have some icons but no banners (or a banner and no icon), that's cool as well. Eventually I'll open a new thread and list all the icons and banners. This thread will remain open, also after the new thread is made. So you can continue to donate icons and banners to BF.

People who would like to have a banner and/or an icon can post their request in here as well btw.

A few things to consider:
    • Icons are 100x100
    • Banners are usually 500x150. Some banners on BF are slightly bigger, which is okay. But don't increase the width and height too much.
    • It would be nice if you use .PNG or .JPG files
    • Give credit where credit is due, so please list your resources.
    • Don't post icons and banners made by other people (unless you have their permission).

I'll make some new ones later on. But I'll start with some oldies. The problem with the old stuff is that I don't remember the resources. So I start with breaking one of my own rules, sorry guys.

And wow, I thought I had way more Buffyverse and Harry Potter stuff.

Buffyverse:

Mad Men:

Other:

Set B99:

Set Mirror Mirror:

Comment

I haven't made many banners or icons. The first set of icons I made has text in that might struggle made even smaller. But I could always try to alter them if wanted. The second group of five pairs is appearing oversized here, but would reduce down easily I think.

Comment

OK, it looks like this works! These are a bunch of icons I made for last year's Summer of Giles:

https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but I had trouble adding these to my previous post. These are icons I made for Noel of Spike in 2018. They are all based on the awesome comics art of the amazing Franco Urru:

1-5
          6-10
          11-15
          15-20
          21-25
          26-30
          31-35

Comment

It seems I need to fix my avatar and banner. Any volunteers?

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• Nina
              Nina commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you have a certain character, scene, show etc. in mind? =)

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
            It seems I need to fix my avatar and banner. Any volunteers?
            I was going to post some more of my old icons in case you were looking for another Spuffy comics icon, but I keep getting "500 error Internal Server Error" when I try to post images :-(

Hopefully this link does work.

Comment

• Nina
              Nina commented
              Editing a comment
              Same problem here. Let's hope this will be fixed soon.

I would like the same if possible. My avatar is a picture from S10 and i always have a something blue banner. I had a great one on the evil board that I am banned from for the crime of being a spuffy fan. Its probably viewable on there but it was Buffy on the bathtub taunting spike her neck "all tender and exposed".

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• flow
              flow commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't view it there but maybe you have to be logged in to see the banners?

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
            I would like the same if possible. My avatar is a picture from S10
            Something like this then for the icon? I can't post images right now due to some forum glitches, but here is a link:

https://img.nickpic.host/jc809s.png

For the banner, do you have a link where it can be seen? Or maybe you could ask the person who originally made it for you if you can use it here too?

Comment

• GoSpuffy
              GoSpuffy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats perfect. Can you also provide directions on how to upload it? I know I'm very high maintenance

• Double Dutchess
              Double Dutchess commented
              Editing a comment
              GoSpuffy You can copy the link I posted above. Then you go to your User Profile and choose "Edit Avatar". The second option it gives you is "Copy and paste an image URL from a hosting site." You can paste the image link there.

• GoSpuffy
              GoSpuffy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Double Dutchess

I will be updating some of my old banners. I picked out the ones I consider the best.

I'm currently making some new ones with my preferred size, but at the same time, I will be converting them to the proper banner size. "500px x 150px".

Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Season One.

Season Two.

Season Three.

Season Six.

Season Seven.

Comment

• buffylover
              buffylover commented
              Editing a comment
              Double Dutchess and Stoney Thank you so much for your comments it means a lot thank you! I thought both of your icons were fantastic to look at and get inspired. I'm crap at Icons.

• Double Dutchess
              Double Dutchess commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks buffylover !

• Stoney
              Stoney commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. There was a huge gap between my Spike set and the others and it's just made me want to go back to the Spike ones and increase the contrast to improve the text. I often neglected that in my earlier fanart pieces.
          Working...
          X