Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just about finished cutting out and am nearly at the point of considering the background/textures. But I also have a heck of a lot of people and need to find a way to make it all cohere better, so I'm going to have to look into ways to affect the colour overall that is more specific and comprehensive than just a gradient or filter. I'm getting there, slowly.

Comment

It's been a while since I've been here and WOW the newer styles are so cool!! I'm loving the Dark style with Cordelia on the banner!!

Comment

• Nina
        Nina commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi HisMRS Great to see you again!

About Rule 6, is it allowed to use comics art?
      https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
        About Rule 6, is it allowed to use comics art?

To be honest, I'm not sure. But I do think that it's okay to use official BtVS/Ats comics for a banner.

Comment

Thanks Nina. I assume the Boom! comics count as official BtVS/Ats comics these days, right? Including the spin-offs, or only the main titles?

Comment

Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
            Thanks Nina. I assume the Boom! comics count as official BtVS/Ats comics these days, right? Including the spin-offs, or only the main titles?
            I've no idea to be honest, the comics and me aren't friends. But it sounds like those are published by a real publisher and the creators are being payed and it's not fanmade or somebody's hobby.

Comment

Oh yes, they're published by an actual comics publisher with art from professional artists who are paid for their work! Of course I would never steal another fan's art. I just wasn't sure if you meant that only art from the "canon" comics was allowed.

Comment

Okay, this is what I've currently got. I'm just not sure if it's not too busy and whether it will work as a page banner or not...

Also, I've stared at this so damn much for tweaking the colours I'm not sure if I'm now just imagining the touch too blue, green etc that I keep seeing on different characters. So if any stands out as really 'off' to other people that would be good to know.

Oh and the promo shots I took from DayDreaming, and I used a couple of brushes that were Jenni Lou's too. I can't remember where I got the logo from, it's so long ago. The background texture's my own pic.

Comment

• flow
                  flow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's up! Yay!

• Rosely
                  Rosely commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's up

• Stoney
                  Stoney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Rosely.

I really love that banner, especially the fact that you managed to find a thoughtful or contemplating facial expression for each character. To me, the color looks sepia, not green or blue but I guess you are talking about the green within the sepia? I can assure you I see no green at all except for the green line and the title of course.

Really everyone looks good in that banner and I love the way Buffy is standing out a bit because after all, it's her show

Fantastic job! Is this going to be for the wood style? Because that's the style I am using and I'd love to be able to look at it every time I come to the board.

flow
                ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• Stoney
                  Stoney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes I meant shades of green, blue, yellow and red within the sepia that I've been adjusting. And yes, this was meant as the banner for Wood. I'm glad you like it flow.

Considering nobody signed up for Default, I've put my name behind it. But feel free to let me know if you want it anyway.

Comment

• Rosely
                  Rosely commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha, I still love it! I prefer it to the new very minimalistic one you made for the dark theme

• Nina
                  Nina commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I understand. Although I don't think the Cordy one is all that different. The concept is the same. A cut out picture of a character plus some extra symbolism. The one I made for Red & Black is really another style. But I'm pissed of at that one since it lost it's sharpness. I might make another one for Red & Black. That style deserves something better.

• Rosely
                  Rosely commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh wait sorry, I meant black/red

http://buffyforums.net/forums/forum/...914#post691914

HEY! It's great to be back!!

Comment

Okay, Default. So several people have already mentioned they are fond of the old one and I'm perfectly happy with that one staying if that's what most people want. Made a variation on it with the darker colours in case that looks better:

Link

And I've made a new one:

Link
                  Resources: JJ-247 (@DA), mondain247, Hulsuga (@DA) and some google searches for the Scyth, the cross and the AI logo.

Comment

• SpuffyGlitz
                    SpuffyGlitz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow, I love both those! Personally I love the new gold and dark blue one with the scythe, but I also love the top original one with the changes. I can't decide.

• flow
                    flow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love them both but the second one is very beautiful!

• Nina
                    Nina commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you both What do people think of the small cross and AI logo? Fun little easter eggs or should they go? (I'm not sure if they should stay. The cross looks nice, but the small angel is a bit odd. But I do want to include a little nod to Ats.)

I love the original one I have to say and would happily keep it, but I think it is possibly a bit distant, it feels like it needs zooming in. The new one is really lovely too. I like the inclusion of the cross but if anything I think the angel is too subtle. I don't mind including the nod to AtS as well, but I'm not sure the angel fits in like that. They are both really great banners though Nina.

Comment

• Nina
                    Nina commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, you all better not pick the old banner after this terrible struggle. But thanks Stoney, I'll give your suggestions a try.

• flow
                    flow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like the cross where it is now that I have actually seen it. Maybe the Angel would be more noticeable but not too prominent if you'd keep him where he is and at the same size but in gold instead of white?

• Nina
                    Nina commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Certainly going to try that one out, thanks Flow! ^^

@Nina Yeah, you all better not pick the old banner after this terrible struggle.
                  Noted.

I think even if we go for the new one for default we could consider keeping the original for Gradient if that doesn't get a new one made for it??

Comment

That's probably a good idea, especially because I think I'll make a new one for Red & Black before I make a banner for another style.

Okay two more versions for Default. Both are better than the original IMO.

or

Comment

• Nina
                      Nina commented
                      Editing a comment
                      *yay* for Default having a banner again. Thanks Rosely. But is it okay if it's going to be the first one, with the golden angel instead of the big one? I think most (including me) prefered that one.

• SpuffyGlitz
                      SpuffyGlitz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Both are beautiful but I really love the first one, with the small gold angel logo - fabulous banner for buffyforums <3

• Stoney
                      Stoney commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I actually came to really like the one with the larger angel logo, but really am happy with either as they do both look really stylish.
                  Working...
                  X