Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried the Blue/Green and like it a lot. It’s a very clean style. It should get a new banner too.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

I would like Light Blue and Gradient to get new banners

I also really like Dark style, i like the banner for it but maybe a new banner for that also ?
      Last edited by Summers_Anne; 16-03-20, 09:37 PM.

Comment

There are a lot of blue styles, I'm not sure if we're going to keep all of them. So I'll make on for Dark first, and if I've enough inspiration I'll take a look at the other styles.

And once more, but please people who can make banners.... consider making one. Don't think Stoney and I will be able to make all of them and it would be a pity if we've to delete nearly all the styles.

Comment

What size did you do your Black/Red banner Nina? I'm just starting to cut out for the pics I've chosen and I need a fair amount of room (it's going to be busy with bodies), but at the same time I also don't want to make it a silly size that is too dominating.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
            What size did you do your Black/Red banner Nina? I'm just starting to cut out for the pics I've chosen and I need a fair amount of room (it's going to be busy with bodies), but at the same time I also don't want to make it a silly size that is too dominating.
            1400x300, the old ones are 1400x181

And yes, the room... banners are truly my least favourite size for fanart. It never fits.

Comment

Well I'm making life difficult for myself by trying to include a lot of characters. We'll see how it pans out. If I do any others after this they need to be much plainer!

Comment

I'm finalising the pics I'm selecting for cutting but I've had to do some manip work to 'fix' missing areas on shots and the like. Just something else for me to take a long time over, ha. Anyway, I've just got to Cordelia and I'm having brief doubt on my choice of shot. I know season 4 elicits strong reactions and the story direction certainly wasn't positive for poor Cordy. But I was limited in my choices as I really needed her looking to the side. I do have an alternative I could use where she's longer haired/brunette from an earlier season promo, but that shot just doesn't work as well for the overall composition as this one with her lighter/shorter hair. But will using a S4 promo leave her fans frustrated?

There is a leeetle chance I might be over thinking this.

Comment

I like this pic. She is not immediately recognizable as Cordy but she does look good and I like the hair color. I doubt that many people can sort a shot of her by season At least I couldn't.

flow
                  ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
                    I like this pic. She is not immediately recognizable as Cordy but she does look good and I like the hair color. I doubt that many people can sort a shot of her by season At least I couldn't.
                    Her S4 hairdo was quite distinct though because of the colouring. She didn't tend to wear it curly much though, as I remember. That was probably more styled for the promo shots. I think Cordelia's looks through the seasons are actually quite distinct, especially because she eventually went short and then had the blond added. Bigger shifts. She definitely looks more 'classic' Cordelia in the other shot I have, but it doesn't balance the banner as well.

Comment

I like that picture too. I wouldn't mind it being used in a banner, but then I'm not specifically a Cordy fan.
                      https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

I'm finalising the pics I'm selecting for cutting but I've had to do some manip work to 'fix' missing areas on shots and the like. Just something else for me to take a long time over, ha. Anyway, I've just got to Cordelia and I'm having brief doubt on my choice of shot. I know season 4 elicits strong reactions and the story direction certainly wasn't positive for poor Cordy. But I was limited in my choices as I really needed her looking to the side. I do have an alternative I could use where she's longer haired/brunette from an earlier season promo, but that shot just doesn't work as well for the overall composition as this one with her lighter/shorter hair. But will using a S4 promo leave her fans frustrated?

Priceless what do you think, as a Cordy fan??

Comment

Priceless what do you think, as a Cordy fan??
                          If I am being completely honest, I prefer earlier versions of Cordy, but it's a great picture and I wouldn't be unhappy to see it in banner, especially if everyone else were later versions of themselves. If all the other characters are S1/2 then I think Cordy would stand out too much. Whatever you do Stoney I'm sure it'll be fab!

Comment

• Stoney
                            Stoney commented
                            Editing a comment
                            If you wouldn't be unhappy with it then I'll stick with it as it really does give better balance overall. As I recall I think most, if not all, are later seasons.

Thanks everyone, back to editing/cutting out for me.

I am a Cordy fan, and I wouldn't know why on earth it would bother me... Granted I hate the whole storyline of seasons 3 and 4, but still, that pic is fine.

Comment

• Rosely
                            Rosely commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think that is taking some weird people TOO much into consideration. CC looks great and so will your banner
                            Also, you can't please everyone, like ever. So just do what you want to create!

• Stoney
                            Stoney commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks Rosely.

• Ehlwyen
                            Ehlwyen commented
                            Editing a comment
                            All Cordelia is flawless!

This was supposed to be an Angel banner, but Cordy looked better. Plus she gave me the opportunity to use the "Oh, and you're welcome!" line. Poor Angel.

The banner for Dark:

Link
                          Resources: Daydreaming, Schakikoluver & Hulsuga (@ DA)

Comment

• Rosely
                            Rosely commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks Nina, Uploaded!

• Nina
                            Nina commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you!

• Double Dutchess
                            Double Dutchess commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It's awesome!

Once more the request to participate if you can. Stoney and I can't make all of them.

Comment

• Stoney
                            Stoney commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Particularly not at the speed I go! I'm still working on it, I'm just not fast. Saving over one of my manip files for it accidentally didn't help either.

• Nina
                            Nina commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh no, that's truly one of the worst things that can happen in PS.
                        Working...
                        X