Banner Fanart Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banner Fanart Thread

I and some others personally think this would make this section a lot nicer if we had somewhere to showcase only Banner size art. Every fandom is welcome.

Enjoy!

“Your pain and your hunger, they’re drivin’ you home.”

Man, I just posted these in the general fan-art thread. Hope you don't mind if I repost them here.

Comment

Thank you for starting this thread buffylover. I've just set up my new computer and it's all working fine, so I shall be posting some of my artistic efforts soon. What is the best size for a banner on the site? Is it 500x150? And avs at 100x100?

Comment

Yes, 500px x 150px will work but, truly it comes truly down to personal preferences mine preferred size is (540 x 230 px) so any banner size will do. Have fun!

“Your pain and your hunger, they’re drivin’ you home.”

Comment

Am I the only poster here? Very well...
          Attached Files

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

The second one was my take on a previous posters wonderful Angel/Dru piece.
            Attached Files

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

These are all works in progress, trying to find the perfect combination

Comment

I´d go ahead with the first. Can you make it a little bit lighter ?

By the way, can I place a request here ? I still need about 300 posts, before I am allowed to have a banner, but asking early, gives you more time to work on it ;-)

flow
                ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Thanks flow I can make it lighter I'm just playing around, and it's great to get some feedback

Comment

Priceless your “playing around” is looking like you actually know what you’re doing! Way to go
                    Hello cutie

Comment

Originally posted by Fool for Buffy View Post
                      Priceless your “playing around” is looking like you actually know what you’re doing! Way to go
                      Aww thank you, if only that were true

Comment

It's great to see how you're trying different combinations Pricey. I'd say the first or last have the best balance.

How are you resizing pics? They seem to be getting distorted in the scale. You can look to place a picture or texture in the background and then place pictures on top, blending out the edges and overlaying parts of the texture to create a 'whole' so that you fill the space but keep the proportions of the original screen shots intact (rather than stretching them). Also, with text, there are many sites where you can search and download different fonts. I often use 1001freefonts of dafont. If you enter the words in separate text boxes you can play with position/size/font far more than if you enter it all in one text box. Repeating key words in a different font but placing them with greater opacity behind the main text is a common tactic for building up layers in the background.

Did any of that makes sense??

I'm looking forward to seeing how these develop.

Comment

Thanks Stoney was the advice. I did manage to download a Font but I swear it took me 40 mins to download it and then another 3 hours to actually find and use it As you know I am technically challenged in the extreme lol. I'm also pretty heavy handed and slapdash, which doesn't help

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• SpuffyGlitz
                            SpuffyGlitz commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh, I really love that, wow! <3

For my newest fan fic.

A little Xander and Will thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

These are all works in progress, trying to find the perfect combination
                            I'm looking for a banner. My twinsy Priceless was trying to make one for me but has stepped down from the responsibility. Perhaps I drove her too hard or maybe she just doesn't love me the way she used to. If any of you could recreate my banner from the evil board that shall remain nameless because they banned me for loving spuffy I would be grateful.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Working...
                            X