No announcement yet.

Hand-drawn Fanart [2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just some quick sketches of my own REBOOT of Buffy.

“Your pain and your hunger, they’re drivin’ you home.”

Comment

• Double Dutchess
      Double Dutchess commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, those are awesome!! Did you do other characters too? I'd love to see what you make of the rest of the Scoobies.

• buffylover
      buffylover commented
      Editing a comment
      Double Dutchess Thank you soo much! for your comment! I'm currently having some ideas of Willow and Spike

A bit lame after the amazing Buffy's by buffylover, but I finally finished something again. So meet random Pinterest girl....

I've only used the hard round brush (and a brush to smudge here and there).

Comment

• flow
      flow commented
      Editing a comment
      It's lovely!

• Nina
      Nina commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks both!

• Double Dutchess
      Double Dutchess commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful, it could be a detail of a classic painting.

So this may not be the right thread but I'm thinking of getting into digital drawing. I bought a very good friend of mine, who is an artist, a professional graphics tablet but he had no use for it since he doesn't like digital art. He gave it back (all in good spirit) and thought I would have much more use with it. Since I am not very good with drawing, I thought you guys could help find tutorials to help me get back into it. I used to sketch a good while back and had gotten semi good at it, but any skill I had seems to be gone now. I think I do need basic tutorials for drawing and sketching in general but maybe there's a good middle for the digital drawing part. Any help?

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      So this may not be the right thread but I'm thinking of getting into digital drawing. I bought a very good friend of mine, who is an artist, a professional graphics tablet but he had no use for it since he doesn't like digital art. He gave it back (all in good spirit) and thought I would have much more use with it. Since I am not very good with drawing, I thought you guys could help find tutorials to help me get back into it. I used to sketch a good while back and had gotten semi good at it, but any skill I had seems to be gone now. I think I do need basic tutorials for drawing and sketching in general but maybe there's a good middle for the digital drawing part. Any help?
      I've been messing around with digital art for two years now and still I can't draw or sketch properly, but I've watched a lot of tutorials and I did manage to go from always using a raster to using the photoshop rulers to not needing either when I make a study of a photo reference. So there is some improvement.

A few (digital) artists with a YT or Twitch channel:

Sinix Design
      Ahmed Aldoori
      Marco Bucci
      Proko
      Aaron Griffin
      AliceXZ

Some of them make a lot of tuts, others just show us their process. Aaron Griffin has my favourite free package of brushes as well. I did download so many sets, but this one is the best IMO. It has all you need. (Brush no. 33 is my favourite for the mixer brush tool.)

Also the old books by Andrew Loomis can be found on the internet. Like this one about the whole figure or this one about the head and hands.

And a few things I learned:
      • Don't focus on everything at the same time when you're learning. If you make a study and want to focus on the anatomy or likeness, it's okay to borrow a colour palette using the colour picker, use a normal round brush etc. Or when you want to learn more about colour or brushwork, feel free to use a raster (or trace) to set up the sketch.
      • Using a raster, a ruler or even tracing isn't evil anyway. Although tracing does require that you mention that when you post your study.
      • A basic round brush is the best brush when you're learning. Wonderful things can be done with different brushes, but the round brush is perfectly fine and much easier to use.
      • Find a nice brush for the mixer brush tool (like I said, I use no. 33 by Aaron Griffin), it's a tool I've never used before when I made wallpapers. But it's great when you make digital paintings/drawings.
      • The cool thing about digital art is that you can use traditional styles while also enjoying the perks of photoshop. In the beginning I felt like I was cheating when I used photoshop tools to create shapes or tweak colours. But after watching many videos by others, I learned that most digital artists do it.

I hope this helped a little bit and I'm looking forward to see your art.

Comment

• Josh
        Josh commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG, Nina! You are amazing. Thank you so much!!!

• Nina
        Nina commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay! And good luck trying things out.
    Working...
    X