No announcement yet.

Hand-drawn Fanart [2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey buffylover, you are back! Yes, while you were absent we polished the forum and made it all shiny and new :-) Hope you like it!

Your art is always very intense. I absolutely love that portrait of Buffy. I think it's fantastic.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Thank you so much TriBel for your comment that means a lot to me. That's excellent news I hope you are having fun on experimenting on different brush sets.

Thank you so much, Nina, for your comment! it was a nice surprise seeing your new artworks on here especially your original sketches and painting of Ciri (Which I still need to watch lol) and the incredible painting of Gemma which I really adore.

Hello, Priceless thank you so much for your wonderful comment! and support! that means a lot to me so thank you.

Yes, flow it nice to be back with a new forum it's pretty exciting and thank you for your wonderful support about my work it really means a lot to me so thank you.

I can't believe we have a new forum, It looks all fresh and clean. I still need to get adjusted to it. lol

Comment

• TriBel
        TriBel commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks...I've got Jackson Pollack off to a fine art no pun intended. I think the best I can hope for is non-representational representation.

New brushes (By Greg Rutkowski) and I've not used my rulers. It's not very detailed, but it still looks like Angel. so *yay*. Reference is obviously the s2 promo.

Comment

• Stoney
        Stoney commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the contrast light/dark in that and the use of the orange giving it that caramel feel really adds warmth to the darkness. It's lovely Nina.

• Nina
        Nina commented
        Editing a comment
        The contrast in the original promo was indeed great fun to work with. Sadly enough once again I'm confronted with my PS version being slightly darker than the internet version. Now he has one demonic eye.

• Stoney
        Stoney commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha, I honestly hadn't seen it like that.

And another bunch of study's while using different techniques. All references were random pictures from Pinterest. And no special brushes were used.

Comment

• Stoney
        Stoney commented
        Editing a comment
        These are incredible Nina.

• Nina
        Nina commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you all so much.

• SpuffyGlitz
        SpuffyGlitz commented
        Editing a comment
        These are all truly gorgeous

Those are gorgeous, Nina. I especially love the one on the right side. It's my favorite.

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

My favorite is the one in the middle, the black and white makes it feel so powerful.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Since it's super quiet here, three more studies. The first is a promo from the movie Crimson Peak, the second a random picture of an old man on Pinterest and the third some branches. Brushes by Aaron Griffin (the first) and DeHarme (the other two).

Comment

• Stoney
            Stoney commented
            Editing a comment
            These are great and so different. I love the texture and mood of the branches especially.

• Double Dutchess
            Double Dutchess commented
            Editing a comment
            These are great! My favourite is the old man, so expressive with just a few lines. And is it just me or do your branches have a Mondriaan vibe?

• Nina
            Nina commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! I wasn't thinking of Mondriaan (also because 'Mondriaan = Victory Boogie Woogie' in my brain), but it's the thick lines probably. He used those a lot.

Thanks Stoney and I'm also a big fan of the branches. I had to cut out the bottom of that drawing since it didn't look good. But couldn't throw out the part with the branches.

I saw somebody start their painting with creating a first layer with all sorts of colors and odd textured brushes, which gave the end result an unique textured look. But since I have to correct myself over and over, that the layer underneath was covered with many layers of normal boring brush work. So I added odd brushes again on top, and that doesn't really work as well. :') Still not unhappy with the result though. It's Yennefer btw (The Witcher).

(Brushes by Aaron Griffin)

Comment

• flow
            flow commented
            Editing a comment
            That's beautiful.

• Double Dutchess
            Double Dutchess commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, just wow.

• Nina
            Nina commented