Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Miscellaneous Fanart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous Fanart

New rules, new thread!

Post all your book fanart, stock art or whatever in here. Any size art is welcome: wallpapers, banners, avatars, odd shapes.

Fanart of a book with a television show can go in the tv show thread. And stocks you make as resources for others go in the Workshop thread.

To get this thread started, feel free to post any art you have done this year. And as always, art done for a challenge can be posted in here.

No feedback is required when posting art.

Lydia made the punch!

Hope I am posting this right

A piece for Catherine Zeta Jones that never made it into the beauty of the dark challange because well...it's just too light

credits: catherine zeta jones fan, all night noise
    Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre
    sigpic

Comment

I haven't made anything in over a year and I haven't posted any art in even longer (closer to two years), so I'm easing back into things. Nothing spectacular from me, but just practicing and trying to remember how to do things in Photoshop

The Actress

1366x768 | 1280x800

Resources are from hireshotties@lj, some old stock images from a site that no longer exists (Romain's) and textures from Jenni Lou and Firecracker

Just for good measure I'll attempt some feedback for Mara:
      Really pretty piece, I love the subtle texturing and the lights that looks like she's surrounded by flames in the smaller picture I love the font you've used for "Catherine" as well!
      Last edited by Leloo; 26-05-13, 09:49 PM.
      >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

Mara, I love the coloring on the Catherine Zeta Jones piece! It's so different, but beautiful. I also love the lighting on the image on the right... The bright colors are featured well.

Line, OMG! Your lighting in this Kiersten Dunst piece is amazing! I love the warm, buttery yellows in this piece, too... So pretty!

Comment

Happy to come back posting in BF's fanart threads again! Some old and not so very celebrity pieces from me

credits: zugma, slayground, profart.org, sinelinea

Comment

Wallpapers I've done after reading Russian book by Mariam Petrosyan The House That...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smth_blue/

Comment

I don't know if this really fits here, so if not feel free to move it.

This is a crossover piece between "The Walking Dead" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". For some reason, I just see Rick and Buffy as this pair that would totally connect and understand each other. They have both been shoved into these leader roles within their circles, and are forced to make hard choices for the good of the people they love.

I created this piece today after finding this quote I used on the piece. I always hear people saying they live hard lives, but I don't think they think their lives are hard; they just accept that it's part of who they are.

I was originally going to enter this in the Vivaldi challenge, but I didn't think it really fit into that challenge. But I'm very proud of how it turned out and wanted to share it with y'all.

Comment

I made this some weeks ago might as well post it

Credits: miss-lovett, all night noise
                Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre
                sigpic

Comment

Another wallpaper for that book The House That...

The House that Has Grown by Smth_Blue, on Flickr
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/smth_blue/

Comment

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
                    Ashley Wagner/Olympics

I don't know. I was bored. This is the first thing I've finished since I got my new computer last year, even though I've started many.

brushwork by me, textures by soaked, star stock by some science blog (lol sorry for the vagueness, you can literally search fisheye stars or something like that and a lot of similar things will pop up)
                    would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

to HisMrs.

Congratulations - it's a beautiful piece - like how you used the text and the background images. Terrific blending of lighting. I don't know the Walking Dead series but the "hard life" and "acceptance" certainly fits Buffy even with her often wanting the "normal life" - she did her duty as the Slayer.
                      Last edited by cil_domney; 26-08-14, 06:45 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I swear to god, I wrote feedback for four artists here and my browser just went crazy

I'll get you guys tomorrow, I promise!

***EDIT***

Feedback, as promised:

Spoiler:
                        Aureola
                        Wow, I really like these! The way you go from blends to cut outs is amazing, you've clearly perfected and mastered your techniques. The colors, while vibrant and strong, are also mostly natural which is really admirable and amazing. You can see that you actually knew what you wanted to do in every piece and not just winged it like I would mostly do. Very cool.

HisMRS
                        While I've never seen the Walking Dead, I understand what you were going for. The grungy textures are well used and monochromatic colors are also put to well use, cause they sustain this vibrant glow and that's what glues the piece together. Otherwise, the grunge style with the brown color scheme would not work for me. So job well done

Mara
                        I really like the blend, amazing composition and the use of stock/texture to structure the piece is amazing. It creates this amazing composition, especially on a white background. Not much to say about the colors, but I do admire your choice to go with BW. The only thing I have to say, really, and feel free to ignore me and move on, is that the black & white text, along with the fonts is not your best choice. But it is your work, so feel free to blow me off.

Smth_Blue
                        Feed-backed in private

Just a simple Chris Evans piece.

CE photo by Chris Evans Fan, Stocks by Unsplash and gradients by Daydreaming.
                        Last edited by Josh; 22-11-14, 10:06 AM.
                        My underachieving self has yet to earn banner privileges.

Comment

I made this some days ago

Comment

My first celebrity wallpaper in years, featuring Tom Hiddleston. 'Cause the kitty in this photoshoot broke me. %)

1920x1080 | 1680x1050 | 1366x768

+ Tumblr version under the cut.

Spoiler:

Edit: and a picspam-styled collage that I made for 'My Aesthetic' meme. The original photos are also by me, except for the flame, the meteor, and the galaxy.

Last edited by Zugma; 20-10-15, 02:03 AM.
                            [ ...In my exile. ]
                            LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

Lunafreya

I just recently did a digital painting on a character called 'Lunafreya' from the game Final Fantasy 15. It was a fantastic game I truly enjoyed it!

Until next time

Comment

Working...
                              X