This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lyri View Post
    I usually do for bigger art (can't fathom why I didn't for my banners recently) but for icons, it can sometimes be tricky, especially with big posts.

If it helps, I can do a mass resources post for icons that I can post to my journal or website, then link it here in my sig?
    Big batches of icons can be tricky indeed. Such a list with all your sources could be an idea. If that takes too much time, you might want to mention the sources you used most often?

In the end we're all amateurs who don't make money with our fanart. It's not the end of the world when we forget to credit somebody. But recently I saw that nearly every piece of fanart was posted without credits and that's not right.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
      Whatever you prefer. I just want members to honor the rule that a fanartist should credit the people who make their resources.
      Sure. I'll pop back into the recent threads and put that all resources are my own, or some such. It removes any uncertainty about whether it has just been forgotten.

Awesome that you make everything yourself btw.
      Thanks. I think it just shows what a control freak I am. And I'm not sure it always helps, some of the pieces where I've used texture others have created are my favourites of the ones I've made, ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
        I noticed that most people post their art without giving credit to the creators of the caps/textures/gradients/etc. I'm cool with breaking some of the rules stated above (like conversations in art threads), but can we please be a decent community and give credit to the creators of our precious resources?
        Sorry, I know I've been guilty of this. I've deleted all my brushes from my PS so I can start again to give proper credit, since I don't actually know where I got them from. I usually get all my images from Google too, so I will start saving the images as something that will help me remember where I've got them from.

sigpic
        ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

I am going to show my absolute ignorance here, but I am not a real artist, I'm just messing about and looking at other peoples art, they're doing stuff I don't understand. The stuff they use have names like 'Daydreaming' and I don't know what this is. If I want a picture or a colour or something, I google 'Blue wallpaper' and then just use whatever comes up . . . What is all this 'Daydreaming' 'Radiance' etc. etc. But of course I'll name the sites I downloaded from, if that's the same as naming your resources??

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            I am going to show my absolute ignorance here, but I am not a real artist, I'm just messing about and looking at other peoples art, they're doing stuff I don't understand. The stuff they use have names like 'Daydreaming' and I don't know what this is. If I want a picture or a colour or something, I google 'Blue wallpaper' and then just use whatever comes up . . . What is all this 'Daydreaming' 'Radiance' etc. etc. But of course I'll name the sites I downloaded from, if that's the same as naming your resources??
            Yep, that's the idea. If you use something you find on another website, you mention the website and/or the creator is that name is known/different from the website. Some creators of resources specify how they want to be credited.

Daydreaming is Jenni Lou's website and she has made resources like gradients and brushes. But her website also has a wonderful gallery of stills and promo pictures. I usually go there for my pictures. Radiance is (or was? I can't find it back) also a website of one of the BF members and I've downloaded resources there.

Comment

Working...
            X