Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh...hi?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Yes This place is a rabbit warren when you first start.

    BB has a fab running list, so every thread is listed, right there in front of you, no searching for it, and when someone comments on a thread, that moves the thread to the top.
    But here has it too... in What's New?
    My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by betta View Post
      But here has it too... in What's New?
      Where is the What's New? Oh yes, I see it. But that shows every post, so you may get one thread that's been posted on 20 times, not every thread. On BB the list is of threads, not posts

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Where is the What's New? Oh yes, I see it. But that shows every post, so you may get one thread that's been posted on 20 times, not every thread. On BB the list is of threads, not posts
        Yeah, it's more annoying, but at least you have a list... nothing beats that software (?) over there, it really is the best on the net.
        My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by TriBel View Post
          Silver:

          God: "Yes, you are".
          No, she's not!

          I guess it all depends on what you're used to. (Also, maybe I would have a different opinion if I'd ever posted on the navigation heaven that BB is presumed to be.)
          https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by betta View Post
            Yeah, it's more annoying, but at least you have a list... nothing beats that software (?) over there, it really is the best on the net.
            Oh yes, they have the best software, but we have the best forum I use 'new post' to see what's happening here, and that works fine for me.

            Comment


            • #21
              Hola Puppet!


              Dunno, bout the best, but I like some peeps here, that aren't there...

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
                Hola Puppet!


                Dunno, bout the best, but I like some peeps here, that aren't there...
                Yeah, if you are on both BB and BF you get the best of both worlds

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
                  God, am I the only one that finds this place easy to navigate then?

                  Not like the dreaded Buffyboards which seemed all over the place to me.
                  I always thought it was pretty intuitive here too.

                  Happy to help anyone finding it not so though.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I'll pick people Over easy navigation any day of the week, just saying. Of course I don't have a choice since I'm banned and all.


                    “I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      Where is the What's New? Oh yes, I see it. But that shows every post, so you may get one thread that's been posted on 20 times, not every thread. On BB the list is of threads, not posts
                      I don't know about that other forum, but on this one, "New Posts" shows you a list of threads that have had new posts in them since you last checked them out. Though I think that doesn't apply after a while (I don't know how long, but it wouldn't show, say, a thread I didn't check that had a new post a month ago).
                      You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
                        I don't know about that other forum, but on this one, "New Posts" shows you a list of threads that have had new posts in them since you last checked them out. Though I think that doesn't apply after a while (I don't know how long, but it wouldn't show, say, a thread I didn't check that had a new post a month ago).
                        Thanks TTB, yeah that's how I navigate, by using the New Posts header, which is fine. But on BB they have a running list of threads and when the thread has been posted on, it goes to the top of the list. So you can always see a list and I find that an easy way to find a thread. It's no criticism of the forum, which has a lot of positives, it's just something that I think BB does better

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          When you subscribe to the threads (which you can to everything that appears in the 'new posts' list of course if you like), then your subscribed threads list puts them in date order and shows them bold if they have unread posts since you last went in. If a subscribed thread gets a new post it would go to the top of your subscribed threads list.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X