Hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!

Hi everyone. New here. So I just wanted to introduce myself I am quite surprised there are still living Buffy forums, and actually it is the first time I noticed Buffy Forums existed, sorry. Now that comics series are coming to an end, I felt urged to pick Season 12 comics and see how it all ends. I even skipped Season 10 comics because I was rather disconnected from Buffyverse for a while after Season 9 ended.

I am Spaniard, 42 years old and I hope I'll enjoy the place (and not being too old for that but, you know, I am a long time Buffy fanatic -I think I was in my twenties when I discovered the show). What else? I love reading comics and sci-fi and fantasy books and music (especially rock) and like to play both board games and RPGs. Classic nerd, I suppose.
    Cheers!

Welcome fellow classic nerd - I am older than you, but I only discovered Buffy about 10 years ago. This pl;ace is really terrific - friendly, good discussions, and flame free.

So, methinks you are a Neil Gaiman fan too...because Sandman...am I right?
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Originally posted by bespangled View Post
      Welcome fellow classic nerd - I am older than you, but I only discovered Buffy about 10 years ago. This pl;ace is really terrific - friendly, good discussions, and flame free.

So, methinks you are a Neil Gaiman fan too...because Sandman...am I right?
      Thanks for the welcome!! It is really a joy to see a Buffy community so active after all those years. For some reason, it was like hidden for me.

As for Neil Gaiman... yes, I am a fan of Gaiman Do you remember certain dream at the end of Fourth Season? Well...

Comment

Welcome Sandman, looking forward to seeing you around the board.

Comment

Hey, welcome Sandman! Hope you have fun here on the boards

Comment

Thanks to both of you, Stoney and SpuffyGlitz, for this warming welcome to the forum

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
              Thanks for the welcome!! It is really a joy to see a Buffy community so active after all those years. For some reason, it was like hidden for me.

As for Neil Gaiman... yes, I am a fan of Gaiman Do you remember certain dream at the end of Fourth Season? Well...
              Sadly, I have not read Sandman...though I might borrow a copy from my daughter. I will say I can't wait for the Good Omens series! And I love Stardust and American Gods. I love everything I have read from him. He is so versatile.
              Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Originally posted by bespangled View Post
                Sadly, I have not read Sandman...though I might borrow a copy from my daughter. I will say I can't wait for the Good Omens series! And I love Stardust and American Gods. I love everything I have read from him. He is so versatile.
                I, in turn, haven't read American Gods.
                If you like Gaiman, you definitely should give Sandman a try. So awesome!
                Cheers!
                Last edited by Sandman; 10-09-18, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Welcome Sandman - fantastic screen name!

I hope you find this Forum to be a fun place. You made it just in time to discuss the final issue of Season 12! Although I hope that there will be a lot more comics in the future.

I own the whole Sandman series - most of it given to me with a recommendation years ago.

What are your favorite comics/sci-fi books/RPGs? I play a lot of video games and my favorite at the moment is Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.

Comment

Originally posted by American Aurora View Post
                    Welcome Sandman - fantastic screen name!

I hope you find this Forum to be a fun place. You made it just in time to discuss the final issue of Season 12! Although I hope that there will be a lot more comics in the future.

I own the whole Sandman series - most of it given to me with a recommendation years ago.

What are your favorite comics/sci-fi books/RPGs? I play a lot of video games and my favorite at the moment is Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.
                    Thanks, American Aurora!
                    Yes, I was lucky to find this place. Just in time!
                    As for my favorite readings, I am a fanatic of X-Men. I got hooked to Chris Claremont's run on X-Men when I was a kid, from that moment on I became a mutant addict haha. Beyond that, I am very predictable: V for Vendetta, Watchmen, New Teen Titans by Wolvman/Perez, Daredevil: Born Again, Batman The Killing Joke, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year One... pretty much the classics. Sandman is actually a recent adding to that list (it was about time).

Sci fi and fantasy books is quite the same, nothing surprising in the nerd field: Lord of the Rings, Lovecraft's Chtulu stories, Harry Potter, The Name of the Wind's saga by Rothfuss and a lot more.

It's been a long time since I don't do RPGs, but back in the day I played a lot: Stormbringer, Rune Quest, Vampire: The Masquerade... good old times, even if I still play a game from time to time with friends. I am not so deep into videogames, but here I have to go with Kingdom Hearts saga. I get emotional every time I play it or hear its OST.

And Buffy, of course. I love this show so much.

And I think that'd be pretty much everything
                    Cheers!
                    Last edited by Sandman; 10-09-18, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Hi Sandman!

bespangled:

I will say I can't wait for the Good Omens series!
                      OMG! Is that a thing?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                        Hi Sandman!

bespangled:

OMG! Is that a thing?
                        Oh, yeah - and the cast is amazing. Let's start with David Tennant as Crowley, and Michael Sheen as Aziraphale.

Good Omens IMDB

Neil Gaiman wrote all 6 episodes, and he is the main showrunner I believe. I follow him on tumblr where he posts updates. This is his celebration of his best friend, Terry Pratchett. It means a lot to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                          I, in turn, haven't read American Gods.
                          If you like Gaiman, you definitely should give Sandman a try. So awesome!
                          Cheers!
                          I couldn't get into the book, but I am really enjoying the adaptation.

Comment

Hi sandman,

welcome to the forum! We are all eagerly waiting for the last issue to be published. Only nine more days to go....

There is a poll about who will be killed off in season 12. If you like to, you can still vote:

http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...-killed-exiled

Hope to see you around!

flow
                            ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Hi Sandman, welcome to the forum. I hope you have fun here

Comment

Working...
                              X