No announcement yet.

Anyone used to be on BW Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats fine love. I'm amazed that reading their forum they're still trying to pull that crap.

There used to be a particularly hateful mod (who eventually left after this incident) who sent me personal and insulting messages that let nothing to the imagination. I reported him of course and nothing was done. I didn't even get an apology from either the board owner or the mod involved. On one of my old hard drives I've still got the screen shots I took of this stuff, as I knew they wouldn't believe me.

Horrible, horrible people.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
      Thats fine love. I'm amazed that reading their forum they're still trying to pull that crap.

There used to be a particularly hateful mod (who eventually left after this incident) who sent me personal and insulting messages that let nothing to the imagination. I reported him of course and nothing was done. I didn't even get an apology from either the board owner or the mod involved. On one of my old hard drives I've still got the screen shots I took of this stuff, as I knew they wouldn't believe me.

Horrible, horrible people.
      I'm sorry to hear this Silver1. I think it must be a power thing, even a tiny amount of power can go to some people's heads and they go a bit crazy.

Comment

Well with this guy that was definitely the case.

Comment

Thanks for the history lesson, vampmogs!

For the first part of my time in fandom I was only active on the IDW forum (and later on BuffyTube) but I did lurk everywhere else, so I recognize a lot of what you're saying.

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
          IDW were never quite as active but they were still quite active. Writers such as Brian Lynch used to post on there throughout Angel: After the Fall’s run which also caused it's own set of controversy at times as well. He would sometimes make jokingly sarcastic and passive aggressive comments towards fans who criticised the series, which made fans feel uncomfortable about posting on there as they felt they couldn't talk about the series candidly with the writer reading your every word (and commenting on what you had to say).
          I only joined the IDW forum after AtF was finished, but Brian Lynch as well as editors Chris Ryall and Mariah Huehner still occasionally posted there. AtF and Brian Lynch's Spike comics are my favourite Buffyverse comics, so I enjoyed him coming on the forum, but I do remember Mariah Huehner chewing me out once for saying the art on the Spike series (by the artist replacing Franco Urru) was bad. I was supposed to have said it was not my cup of tea or something, to be less offensive. I guess she had a point, but given that the artist in question managed to make Drusilla look like Mae West (and that's a polite comparison) to be honest I still stand by my original opinion. Anyway, I sometimes still miss that old forum and its people (though a few of them like Silver1 are still around, here or in other places).
          https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

I was on Buffyworld. Mogs and myself might be two of the latest joint members before the switch happened that still post around here? It's been a minute.
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post

Wow, it was so much worse than I was aware.
              My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

sigpic

Comment

I didn't know there was a donate button these days, I come straight to the forum. Used to be Nikki would just let VIP know a few weeks out about the hosting bill and people would contribute as they are able. That explains why it has been a few years since I have seen that happen :/ Would be a pleasure to put some more to the cause.
                sigpic
                Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs

Yeah it kind of just crept up on you that everyone had vanished, huh? There's a lot of old timers that I'd love to hear from again. Blasterboy, tangent, Wolfie Gilmore, Karen, Cori, galathea, Llywea, Nikki, Thomas, enderswrath... and then of course the regular comic posters like Maggie, Emmie and Enisy (enisy liked some of my posts the other day so she was lurking!) Even Dipstick and Local_Max vanished over the last couple of years. Hopefully they're all well whatever they're doing.
                  I'm friends with a few of them on FB. They are all well, busy with real life mostly, from what I can tell from their posts!!

I sometimes expect the site to close down. Nikki is still running the place and is presumably still paying for it as well. Do you have any idea how that all works? Does she have to pay for it every year or did she pay for a few years in advance? I'm not going to lie... sometimes I think the site will get shut down. I can't really blame her for not wanting to continue paying for a forum she doesn't even post on anymore
                  I think Nikki isn't involved with the forum anymore, she just didn't have the time/energy for it anymore. I think Ehlwyen is in charge now, but I haven't seen her post in a long time.

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
                  Icon by xiperita

Comment

I don't know what I'd do if this site closed. I'm too old to learn how to use Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Francy View Post
                      I'm friends with a few of them on FB. They are all well, busy with real life mostly, from what I can tell from their posts!!
                      Tell any or all of them KoC says hi plz.
                      sigpic
                      Banner by LRae12

Comment

I was witness to the pedophile comment. I should have left then but instead I just blocked a ton of offensive posters. Should have been all I needed to leave. It did force me into the safety of the back steps posting area until the rule change came. Imagine my surprise when I got kicked off the boards. The mods there are insane. They kicked me off for being "rude". Me. A 50 year old girl guide leader from Canada. Hahaha. I defy anyone to go on that board and find a reason why my account would be frozen.

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

I know Ehlwyen had hoped to get more time for the board but I don't know that anything has changed. I'd definitely put in time/finances to help keep this place going. There's always the worry about asking the question prompting the decision to draw a line rather than inject more time/energy.

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                            It wasn’t until around Season 9 where people lost interest and this place became seriously dead. I was honestly expecting to find one day that the forums had simply shut down. It’s only become more active again since a lot of you newer members have joined which is great.
                            And the resurrection happened because of Priceless, who, in the beginning of this year, started posting a lot of threads, which incentivated people to join, return or be more active on the forum!
                            My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

sigpic

Comment

Credit to STONEY too, who led a bunch of disgruntled, banned and cast away posters to the promised land of a forum for all ships where the people are so well mannered they don't even need mods.

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

If the new show truly does settle on sequel/continuation AND isn't rubbish, it will reinvigorate the board like S8 did originally (by 2007 most of the big TV arguments had been had a billion times, although I could still stand to go another 50 pages or so explaining to Patxshand why Angel's plan in 'Not Fade Away' was stupid
                                sigpic
                                Banner by LRae12

Comment

Working...
                                X