Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here ? Here is your guide to Buffyforums.net !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HowiMetdaSlayer
    replied
    Wow, that escalated fast. Bye LamarR2D289 - we hardly knew ye.

Anyhoo...just a note for any new peeps who might not already know: posts in the 'Interactive' section DO NOT count towards your total!

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    replied
    Originally posted by flow View Post
    Just trying to push this thread up ....

flow
    I know I moan about this all the time, but if we had a running list of threads, this forum would be so much easier to navigate. I still love this place, but even the best things can be improved

Leave a comment:

• flow
    replied
    Just trying to push this thread up ....

flow

Leave a comment:

• Double Dutchess
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
    On the old IDW boards?
    Yes. I've always been a big fan of the IDW comics (up to a point, anyway...) and that was the first place I ever posted. I was sad when the Angel license was taken away and I really missed posting there. Anyway, I see several people posting here who used to post at IDW too, so that's nice.

Leave a comment:

• Silver1
    replied
    On the old IDW boards?

Leave a comment:

• Double Dutchess
    replied
    Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    Hi and nice to meet you. I'm nervous, I feel like I'm meeting a celebrity! Lol
    Oh, wow I've certainly never thought of myself like a big name fan! But I get what you mean. I felt the same way when I first joined LJ and got to talking to people whose fanfic I'd been reading for years, for example.

I think ghostar had a similar problem with their welcome post. It seemed to appear quite awhile after it was posted and it was the post right before yours. So maybe threads in welcome have to be approved to keep out the spammers?
    Yeah, I think that's what it is. Just too bad my welcome post will probably be appearing long after it's no longer necessary!

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
    Hi there DD, another face I recognise from Live Journal.
    From way before that, actually -- you're among the first people I ever talked to when I joined online fandom, back in the IDW days

And thanks, I'm sure I will! Been lurking here for ages, after all

Leave a comment:

• Silver1
    replied
    Hi there DD, another face I recognise from Live Journal.

Hope you'll enjoying posting here.

Leave a comment:

• GoSpuffy
    replied
    Hi and nice to meet you. I'm nervous, I feel like I'm meeting a celebrity! Lol

I think ghostar had a similar problem with their welcome post. It seemed to appear quite awhile after it was posted and it was the post right before yours. So maybe threads in welcome have to be approved to keep out the spammers?

Leave a comment:

• Double Dutchess
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoney View Post
    Ah that might be what I was thinking of. Although creating a welcome thread isn't unusual when people join and DD's been a member for a long time too, so it sounds like a glitch to me. As I remember, SpuffyGlitz was able to post a new thread the next day, I'm not sure her original one ever appeared though I'm afraid to say DD. I've dropped a note to Ehlwyen in case it can be found.
    Thanks! I may have been a member for a long time, but I had never posted before, so this may be standard procedure for anyone who makes a first post. Still it is a bit odd if it works that way, because posting a thread to introduce oneself is (as you say) likely to be the first thing that any new member will do. It's not a nice start if the first post you ever make gets thrown away! But I won't give up hope yet that it will show up eventually (although by that time it probably won't contain much new information anymore).

Well I've tried at odd times to persuade you to join in over the years, no reason to stop now. Any level of contribution, as and when you like, would be welcome. I just don't want you to feel you have to be up to speed or posting regularly to join.
    It's appreciated!

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
    I'm *working from home*. This is *research*.
    Same here

Leave a comment:

• TriBel
    replied
    I wasn't told anything like that, I just got a general message saying that my post needed approval by a moderator.
    Stoney - I received a similar message - about a week or so after I joined. It puzzled me because I didn't think my post was particularly contentious.

I am making some time now, work can come later
    I'm *working from home*. This is *research*.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Didn't SpuffyGlitz have this same issue when she first started? I think she was told she had to make a certain number of posts before she could actually start a new thread.
    Ah that might be what I was thinking of. Although creating a welcome thread isn't unusual when people join and DD's been a member for a long time too, so it sounds like a glitch to me. As I remember, SpuffyGlitz was able to post a new thread the next day, I'm not sure her original one ever appeared though I'm afraid to say DD. I've dropped a note to Ehlwyen in case it can be found.

Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    I don't know about joining in, but I have been reading along with the rewatch since it started. Very interesting! Though I must confess I'm a bit behind right now -- such long posts, so little time to read them.
    Well I've tried at odd times to persuade you to join in over the years, no reason to stop now. Any level of contribution, as and when you like, would be welcome. I just don't want you to feel you have to be up to speed or posting regularly to join.
    Last edited by Stoney; 13-04-18, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    replied
    Didn't SpuffyGlitz have this same issue when she first started? I think she was told she had to make a certain number of posts before she could actually start a new thread.

Leave a comment:

• Double Dutchess
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoney View Post
    Hey DD, great to see you over here.
    Hi Stoney! Yes, since BuffyTube is dead I'm going to need a new place to post, so I've decided to de-lurk here. I had been planning to do that anyway, seeing all the new activity lately, but later -- during the summer holidays or so. It's Cil and via her, Aurora who pushed me over the edge to do it now already.

I'm a little confused about the posting issue you've had. I think I remember one of the more recent members saying they had a similar thing but as your account has been set up for years I can't see why it would be doing it to you. If the post doesn't appear when you're next on then if you can drop me a PM about what the title of it was I'll try to contact a mod and find out for you.
    I didn't expect to need approval either. It seems weird that I can reply to existing threads, but not start a new one on my own. Especially since under Posting Permissions it says "You may post new threads". So I don't know why it happened, but I hope my Hello post (title: "Hello from DD", very original!) will show up once a moderator has had time to have a look at it.

I hope to see you in the rewatch at some point, whenever/however you're able to join.
    I don't know about joining in, but I have been reading along with the rewatch since it started. Very interesting! Though I must confess I'm a bit behind right now -- such long posts, so little time to read them.

Originally posted by flow View Post
    The Bobby, Roger and Eileen Video is my absolute all times favorite BtVs and Atvs video. It is just awesome. Thank you so much !
    Hi flow, thanks for the welcome! It's good to hear you like Bobby, Roger and Eileen so much. It's not one of my more popular videos, but I have a big soft spot for it myself, so this warms my heart! And as I said to Tribel, I would really like to make more vids. But time is the issue, as always.

By the way, my apologies for hijacking your Guide to Buffyforums thread and turning it into a kind of welcome thread for myself. Maybe these posts can be moved once my own Hello thread shows up??

Hi DD. I too am a fan of your videos! It's so good to see you here. I hope you do find some time to post
    Thank you very much! I am making some time now, work can come later

I wasn't told anything like that, I just got a general message saying that my post needed approval by a moderator.
    Last edited by Double Dutchess; 13-04-18, 01:19 PM. Reason: I need to add more replies, because I think you're not supposed to make multiple posts in a row?

Leave a comment:

• Double Dutchess
    replied
    Originally posted by TriBel View Post
    Double Dutchess - as in I Hate You / As Time Goes By (Hello Stranger) / Bobby, Roger and Eileen videos?
    Thank you for the welcome, and yes, that's me (as you already realised).

No - don't waste your time talking to us. Go! Make more videos!
    Ha! Believe me, I want to, I really do. I have so many vid ideas floating around in my head, but for many months I have had zero time to do any vidding or basically any kind of fannish activities. At least talking to you guys will be a little easier to squeeze into my schedule than vidding. But believe me, whenever I have the time to do the latter, I definitely will. It's nice to know you have been enjoying my vid productions!

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    replied
    Hi DD. I too am a fan of your videos! It's so good to see you here. I hope you do find some time to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X