Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

I know i should know but i don't..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know i should know but i don't..

I have a few questions that im going to ask.
    1) I have been with the forum since july of last year i believe, when can i get a banner? Is it 400 posts PLUS three months with the forum OR either or whichever one comes first? I'm a little fuzzy on that.

2) When does a member get to post in the VIP section of the forum? Is it a certain amount of posts? Will it just show up one day after a certain amount of posts.. I'm just not sure.

3) How do you get more reputation power? I wasn't aware until just recently that certain members giveaway more points than others.

Thanks for any feed back!!

1. Yes, it is both. 400 posts and 3+ months as a member.

2. Same as above. You can get a banner and get access to the VIP section once you meet the requirements.

3. You get more reputation power a couple ways. I forget the specifics but you get extra points to give out for each month you are a member and as your post count increases. For example, my current rep power is 113 points. This is because I joined when the forum first opened in Feb '07 so I have accumulated a lot of points with each month that has passed. I also have a high post count; I believe your rep power increases with every 50 posts.

There may be one more way to get more rep power but I can't remember. I think it's just those two though.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Thanks! That clears up alot for me!! But im curious, how can a member have a banner if they havent met either of the requirements?

Comment

That's because they were VIP members at our old forum at Buffyworld. SO when we moved over here their VIP statuses were reinstated.
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa Marie86 View Post
          Thanks! That clears up alot for me!! But im curious, how can a member have a banner if they havent met either of the requirements?
          You might find that some members here at BF are VIP members with a low post count because they had been VIP members over at the old forum, Buffyworld, where they had worked hard to achieve the requirements and so were automatically promoted when Buffyworld folded and we all moved over here.

Those exceptions aside, you can't have a banner until you meet the requirements to become VIP - it is a reward for commitment to the community

Comment

Working...
          X