Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay the post above me is definitely spam. I would appreciate this topic going back to the main point rather than dissolving into a conversation on who's spammed or how they spammed.

The PM and rep system are designed to keep spam off the boards but allow people to have personal conversations and build friendships.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Speaking of spamming. Knock it off!

I know different boards have different rules. We have ours because we (most of us) have been involved with this one/BW for over five years and know what we like to have the board run smoothly and productively. A lot of boards aren't as strict with their spamming as we are. But that's for a reason. It clutters up threads and makes them not as enjoyable to read when people are going off-topic or just replying to say they agree or whatever. So, these are rules that are in place to keep our board a quality one. Most people will spam here and there without realizing and we know that. It's not like we are out to penalize anyone. We're just trying to be fair.

Anyway, let this thread revert back to its original topic of discussion.....which has pretty much been addressed already. I'm sure someone will be by soon enough to close it or something.

EDIT: Oops. Lyn got here before me. Sorry, girl!
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Anyway, let this thread revert back to its original topic of discussion.....which has pretty much been addressed already. I'm sure someone will be by soon enough to close it or something.
        I don't understand what you're saying.. I should have assumed this already? I don't come into these threads too often.. and I don't think I should be looked down upon for not knowing something. Was it a stupid question or something to that effect?
        sigpic

-Sig by BlasterBoy-

Comment

No, it's not an inappropriate question. I know there is a lot of confusion still about BW and BF. Always glad to try and help clear up questions.

But we also had a post about Frontsite two threads below, that the posts in this thread have started to be discussing again.

Originally posted by JenniLou
          It clutters up threads and makes them not as enjoyable to read when people are going off-topic or just replying to say they agree or whatever.
          I also want to say that when threads turn into conversations between two or only a couple people, other members feel excluded or that they are interrupting when they put their own thoughts in on the original topic.

I'll leave this open for Nikki so that she can her input as it is her site.

And btw, Nostalgia, I wasn't refering to your post in my above post. The spam post has since been deleted.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

She wasn't talking about your post, she was talking about mine (which I deleted, accidentally making it look like she was talking about yours). I spammed in the act of apologizing for implying all you do is spam by letting you know I added to your reputation as a way to recognize that I know you contribute far more than the incidental spam.

Anyways, we're all very glad that this is the new and wonderful home for this fine community I will now say "spam" again. And then I will again say that this site is far more enjoyable to me than BuffyWorld was, because people contribute to discussions far more enthusiastically.
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

Comment

Well, considering even the fanlisting moved over to this place I think it's safe to say, Buffyworld is on it's own - Buffyforums will continue on on it's own and continue the legacy that was created on the old forum and begin a new era online among fans.

Had no idea Nikki was putting up the transcripts on the main page next year, guess I got me some competition *grins*
              PRETTY AS A PICTURE HAS RETURNED
              sigpic
              With the return of PAAP comes the integration of Screencap Paradise
              Keep a look out for Chosen Art, Roadhouse and the others

Comment

I've been working on the getting the transcripts sorted and uploaded since June. I'm nearly finished the project and the bulk of the site is coded, it just needs a design! I'm hoping that after my 2 weeks off over Christmas it will either be online or almost ready to go online!

I made the decision about all this when Mark shut BW because I didn't think then that the site would ever come back up. It will still be nice to have everything together, plus it will be a more interactive site

Comment

Working...
                X