Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signature images

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Signature images

    I've been bugged by the fact that we need 400 posts to put a picture in our signature. That post limit seems a bit too high to me, so I was wondering if anybody else agreed.

    Please understand that I don't want to take this rule away completely, but simply lower the post limit for it. What do you guys think? I hope I'm being clear here.
    My sig will not change again 'till I get 400 posts and become a BuffyForums VIP!

    Want, take, have! - Faith Lehane

  • #2
    Originally posted by Drusilla View Post
    I've been bugged by the fact that we need 400 posts to put a picture in our signature. That post limit seems a bit too high to me, so I was wondering if anybody else agreed.

    Please understand that I don't want to take this rule away completely, but simply lower the post limit for it. What do you guys think? I hope I'm being clear here.
    This rule actually carried over from our old forum on Buffyworld, where you had to reach 500 posts to achieve VIP status and thus were allowed to have a picture in your signature. Nikki already lowered the post count to 400 because 500 seemed a tad excessive.

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree with Drusilla. Maybe levering limit to 200/250 posts. Since not everyone has the time to post so much, especially when the real life gets involved.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by galathea View Post
        This rule actually carried over from our old forum on Buffyworld, where you had to reach 500 posts to achieve VIP status and thus were allowed to have a picture in your signature. Nikki already lowered the post count to 400 because 500 seemed a tad excessive.
        Still, not everyone has enough time to post that much, with real life going on. I agree with sky. Maybe lower it to 200 or 250 posts?

        It would take me years to get 400 posts, and by the first slayer, I don't want to wait that long
        My sig will not change again 'till I get 400 posts and become a BuffyForums VIP!

        Want, take, have! - Faith Lehane

        Comment


        • #5
          Having an image in the signature is just one of the perks of reaching 400 posts and like Galathea said, it was higher back on Buffyworld. (It took me a good year to reach 500 posts there...) It's worth the wait.

          sigpic
          ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

          Comment


          • #6
            LOL, it took me four years to reach 400 posts. It never really bothered me one way or the other. Yeah, it's nice to be able to say 'HEE! I'm a VIP', but the banner thing wasn't that big deal to me. *shrugs*
            Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

            Si vis pacem, para bellum

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Drusilla View Post
              Still, not everyone has enough time to post that much, with real life going on. I agree with sky. Maybe lower it to 200 or 250 posts?

              It would take me years to get 400 posts, and by the first slayer, I don't want to wait that long
              Most of us have real life obligations. For most of us it took years to get to VIP status, it's not just you. Plus, VIP status not only gives you access to images in your signature, but you also gain access to other VIP perks like the chat forums. It's an incentive for the members to show their dedication for the forum.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post
                Having an image in the signature is just one of the perks of reaching 400 posts and like Galathea said, it was higher back on Buffyworld. (It took me a good year to reach 500 posts there...) It's worth the wait.
                That's ages!!!! How can someone bear that? I can understand not being able to have an image in your sig at first, but a 400 post limit takes years, and that's wayyyyy too long.
                My sig will not change again 'till I get 400 posts and become a BuffyForums VIP!

                Want, take, have! - Faith Lehane

                Comment


                • #9
                  Drusilla, you have only been a member here for two months, yet you already have 87 posts. It won't take you as long to reach 400 as you think. Being able to have a banner in your signature is just one of the perks of becoming a premium member of the forum, and that is something that all existing VIPs have had to earn. When BuffyForums was set up, the post requirement for premium membership was lowered from what it had been on the old BuffyWorld Forums, so just be thankful you don't still have to hit 500 posts.

                  The question has been answered; the rule exists for a reason and stands. I am closing this thread now as it is only going to become spammy from this point on.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X