No announcement yet.

Things I like about the new forum......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I like about the new forum......

I'm so appreciative of the ongoing work to fix the bugs on the nest Buffy Forum. I thought maybe should celebrate some of the new features.

I really like that it is more mobile friendly and I love we can tag friends to bring them into a thread with a notification.

example
    TriBel flow Priceless debbicles

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Which is marvelous if you can get onto the particular thread but bloody irritating if you can't (looking at you old "Random Buffy Thread" ). But yes...once the glitches are all removed it's an advance. ...and I do appreciate the work that's being done!
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, really big thank you for all the work that's been done to get the forum up and running again

Comment

I've managed to make the text larger - and it stays large. For this (and varifocal lenses) I'm eternally grateful!
        sigpic

Comment

I want larger text! What the secret?

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

I love that you can have an ongoing conversation via pm now.

I really appreciate all the work and time and effort our forum mods and admins put into ironing the glitches out! Thanks to all of you

flow
            ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

I really like how bright and fresh the look of the forum is and am looking forward to us eventually getting new skins/site banners etc too.

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
              I want larger text! What the secret?
              If you click into your profile by clicking your name or selecting 'my profile' from the drop down from your avatar in the top right. Then click into 'customise my style' under your profile pic then you can amend things like text and background (text is under 'content').

Comment

• TriBel
                TriBel commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the explanation Stoney. I've no idea how I did it!

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                Probably just stumbled onto it when you were first clicking around.

I love that the group posts no longer have a limited word count. Or if they have the limit is far more generous than it was before. I don't have to split up my thoughts into three or four posts anymore!

I also am glad the reputation points have been replaced by likes.

I use the "Wood" skin and I like it. It's soothing to the eyes.

flow
              ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• TriBel
                TriBel commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah...I agree about the Wood skin (and the other stuff of course).

I think the thought of losing the forum has brought a lot of us back here and posting. I'm truly enjoying that!
              Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
                I love that the group posts no longer have a limited word count. Or if they have the limit is far more generous than it was before. I don't have to split up my thoughts into three or four posts anymore!
                Oh you're so right. I hadn't particularly noticed that but it is so much easier.

I also am glad the reputation points have been replaced by likes.
                It is more that the 'thanks' have been replaced by 'likes'. The bars under your profile pic are still reflective of the rep that you had but there isn't currently much graduation shown in the bars or any way to add to rep any longer at the moment I think. You can turn off your bars showing in your user settings but I don't know if the feature of giving rep will be reinstated more fully in time or not.

It's soothing to the eyes.
                I like the idea of you being soothed in being here.

Comment

I am loving all the new styles. I've been through them all and I'm settling on Gradient. It's a blue/grey with a few green buttons. It looks so clean and bright

Comment

• Hunga Munga
                    Hunga Munga commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Me too . I ve settled on Denim , find it easier to read .
                Working...
                X