No announcement yet.

REPLACEMENT: New Forum glitches - Report a Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a mod testing post, please just ignore it.

Comment

• Silver1 I just wanted to ask about the problems you're having with the PM function if you can give me a little more info about it?? Can you tell me what browsers you have tried to view through and if the same thing happens whether you go through your inbox, sent items, or notifications? Is it just flicking or not scrolling down? Can you see the message box but it is just an empty area?

Comment

• I get a notification come through and when I open it up I briefly see a message and then it goes. I've tried using two browsers, Chrome and Safari and neither of them work.

Comment

• Thanks for this.

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
          I get a notification come through and when I open it up I briefly see a message and then it goes. I've tried using two browsers, Chrome and Safari and neither of them work.
          Is it opening up in a pop up window?
          Does the same thing happen if you click on the down arrow next to 'messages' at the top of the page next to notifications, and then go to 'message centre', the bottom of that drop down list, and then select the message from your inbox?

Comment

• I've only just done what I said before. Haven't accessed any other way. *eta* I've just done what you said and there's nothing there to see there sadly.

Comment

• Stoney
              Stoney commented
              Editing a comment
              Is it at all possible to take a screengrab of what you're seeing?

• Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
            I get a notification come through and when I open it up I briefly see a message and then it goes. I've tried using two browsers, Chrome and Safari and neither of them work.
            This part actually sounds familiar to me (messages immediately seeming to disappear) but then I've always been able to find the message after all by going to the message centre. And that's in Firefox.
            https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• I tried that, but not in Firefox as I don't like that browser (I find it slows my machine down when I use it) but that didn't work either. And no, no screen grab as It don't stay around long enough to show you anything but an empty page.

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                Does the whole page go blank though, or is it a blank page within the forum? I assume it is just PMs you're having difficulties with, no problems viewing the threads?

• It's just a blank within the page, and no, I can view the threads just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
                It's just a blank within the page, and no, I can view the threads just fine.
                Okay thanks. We're going to have a general update to the software in the not too distant future (I'm intending to update on a few things in here soon), so it might be worth waiting to see if that clears up this issue and if it doesn't then I think I'll have to speak to vBulletin about it and see if they can shed some light on what might be causing it.

Comment

• Hi, I recently signed up, and I'm trying to access my message center but keep getting this:
                  ​​

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page

Comment

• Originally posted by ConfusedAmphibian View Post
                    Hi, I recently signed up, and I'm trying to access my message center but keep getting this:
                    ​​You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page
                    Hi ConfusedAmphibian. Sorry you are having trouble with accessing your message center. Have you tried logging in on a different browser or saving your password? Also, are you accessing the message center through the drop down list from 'messages' at the top of the screen, beside your user name?

Comment

• Hi Stoney. Yes I've tried a couple of browsers and it still says the same. The 'messages' button next to my username doesn't drop down, it's just a button, and when I click on it it goes to 'notifications'. Then if I click on '> Message Center' on the left I get that 'do not have permission' page. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConfusedAmphibian View Post
                        Hi Stoney. Yes I've tried a couple of browsers and it still says the same. The 'messages' button next to my username doesn't drop down, it's just a button, and when I click on it it goes to 'notifications'. Then if I click on '> Message Center' on the left I get that 'do not have permission' page. Thank you.
                        This was because you were in the initial registered members usergroup which people are put into initially and then the system moves them after a small number of posts, 5 I think, to a confirmed member group and access to PMs is then available. I think it was initially done this way to stop spammers creating accounts and sending out ad messages on the PM system. Obviously you haven't registered for that purpose, have been talking to flow about the fanfic group, so I've just moved you across into the other usergroup and you should be able to access the PM system now. If that hasn't worked of course do say and I'll try to find out why else it might be.

Comment

• Thank you! It's all working now.

Comment

• Stoney
                            Stoney commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Perfect, that's great. Please do post here or PM me with any other questions you have. I look forward to seeing you around the board.
                        Working...
                        X