REPLACEMENT: New Forum glitches - Report a Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bespangled View Post
    I am suddenly blocked from the 2020 election thred. It says I do not have permission to access that forum.
    That happened to me yesterday. But it was only temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by bespangled View Post
      I am suddenly blocked from the 2020 election thred. It says I do not have permission to access that forum.
      As Priceless says, that does sometimes happen temporarily. I occasionally at the moment get a pop up error when trying to do minor things such as 'liking' a post and retrying then works fine. Did you try again straight away at the time and have you tried again since?

Comment

Actually if I go in directly rather than follow the link in my notifications I can get in. So it's the link that's the issue. But I am fine - thanks!
        Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

My notifications were behaving strangely at once point but when I cleared history/cache it went away. So if it continues it might be worth trying that to see if it stops it. But if you keep getting this or it starts to happen with multiple threads and this doesn't help please do say and we'll try to think of other options.

Comment

Whilst trying to find a way to improve the speed Ehlwyen adjusted the settings to allow members to define how many posts load per page (rather than it appearing all on one page) and not only does it improve the load up time but it allows access back into all the blocked threads again too when you switch the setting!!

We're currently trying to find out if we can switch this to change forum-wide, but in the meantime...

In the top right corner, click the down arrow after your username and select "User Settings"
            Then select the tab "Account"
            Under the heading "Conversation detail option" change the "Posts per page" (I opted for 20 per page)
            Don't forget to "Save changes" at the bottom right.

Comment

We'll worry about whether to merge the original threads with the 'part 2s' that were created separately. But I'm a little wary of doing that as trying to merge the two Random thoughts threads resulted in the original thread trying (and failing) to combine as 1000+ comments in the second post of the new thread. I think we're probably better off keeping the two threads and just popping a post at the end of any original threads that were locked which had a 'part 2' created to direct people to the second half of the thread.

Comment

That’s fantastic news! I don’t mind keeping an old and a new thread as long as we can access both.

flow
                ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

At the moment I'm finding my user setting to only receive notifications here through the message centre, so not by email, isn't working and I'm getting emails about every post on the board. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Comment

Not me........

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• Stoney
                      Stoney commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It seems to have stopped now from turning the notification options on and off multiple times and removing 'to subscribe when posting'. One of these must have worked. Or it stopped as randomly as it started.

• Rosely
                      Rosely commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Glad to read that Stoney!

If I try to log in directly from the Forum's homepage, I get the following error message in Firefox:

Blocked by Content Security Policy

This page has a content security policy that prevents it from being loaded in this way.

Firefox prevented this page from loading in this way because the page has a content security policy that disallows it.

If I try it from Chrome, I just get a blank frame where the login used to be, and if I try it from Microsoft Edge I get the following error message:

This content can’t be shown in a frame
                    There is supposed to be some content here, but the publisher doesn’t allow it to be displayed in a frame. This is to help protect the security of any information you might enter into this site.
                    Try this
                    Open this in a new window

Finally I managed to log in by selecting "Open only this frame" in Firefox.
                    https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
                      If I try to log in directly from the Forum's homepage, I get the following error message in Firefox:
                      I have logged in through Firefox quite a few times without any problems. Are you using your old bookmark into the site? Some of the problems people were finding with logging in was fixed just by updating bookmarks. The homepage has changed to the main forum page now - http://buffyforums.net/forums/.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                        Double Dutchess commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, that works. Thanks Stoney!!

• Stoney
                        Stoney commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not a problem, and I'm glad it did as I had nothing else.

thenewbuzwuzz has been so kind as to inform me that the RSS feed for The Sunnydale Herald is back to working again for this site.

Yay!

flow
                      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• Stoney
                        Stoney commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Delighted to hear this. Thank you for continuing to check for us flow.

Hmm,can't get into the BOOM! Buffyverse News Thread 2.When I go in,all I see is this.

Search result already expired, please try a new search.

Comment

Originally posted by BAF View Post
                        Hmm,can't get into the BOOM! Buffyverse News Thread 2.When I go in,all I see is this.

Search result already expired, please try a new search.
                        I've had this on rare occasions and if you leave it a short time and try again it seems to work and let you back in. I've also closed my browser window and reopened in another time to get past it. I think it is similar to it not allowing you to search again within 20 seconds, a glitch where it just decides that you have 'searched' for the thread and so it blocks you briefly. If you find it keeps happening or if it doesn't let you back in the thread after a short time, please let us know it is persisting.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post

I've had this on rare occasions and if you leave it a short time and try again it seems to work and let you back in. I've also closed my browser window and reopened in another time to get past it. I think it is similar to it not allowing you to search again within 20 seconds, a glitch where it just decides that you have 'searched' for the thread and so it blocks you briefly. If you find it keeps happening or if it doesn't let you back in the thread after a short time, please let us know it is persisting.
                          Yeah,it's working now.I was able to post a new article.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Stoney
                            Stoney commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Glad it was just a temporary blip.
                        Working...
                        X