Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Let's find our way around the new forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone notice we have a second skin? It's 'Wood'

I wonder if there is anyway of commissioning the great artists on this forum to create more skins for us? I don't even know if that is technically possible.

Comment

Things are starting to look like the old board.Nice job.

Comment

Thank you, flow, for starting this thread!

I really love the new board despite all the initial snafus. I think it’s going to be a much more enjoyable experience.

My only request - once again - is to ask if there’s any way to enlarge the PM limits so that we can keep some PMs and Photos in folders for future use. I like to keep my rewatches (with pictures) and since I’m a terrible rambler, they’ve become quite numerous!

The PMs used to hit capacity at 100, but it would be great if we could get a little more leeway. If it’s a matter of expense, I’d be happy to donate what’s needed.

If it’s not possible, I still want to thank Rosely for doing such a fantastic job in preserving the Forum - I honestly love the upgrade and think that once the kinks are all worked out, it’ll be better than before.

And yes, Priceless, that’s a great idea! I’d love it if some of the talented artists on the Forum in the fan art groups created some new skins!

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
          I have a question - there is a feature called new topics which is obviously only for topics of a certain time span that have (for me) unread content and then there is a feature called Latest Activity which is for all content in a certain time span.

Does anyone know what the time span is for both features?
          I don't know about the 'new topics' but if you click on the drop down 'filter' at the top of the 'latest activity' list it gives you the option of altering the time span (which appears to default at one week).

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          I wonder if there is anyway of commissioning the great artists on this forum to create more skins for us? I don't even know if that is technically possible.
          Rosely has said that banners/skins/styling will definitely be looked at when everything is more settled. There may be a banner competition again too.

Comment

Could someone explain the LIKE function to me? Has it become pointless on the new version of the forum, because you can't see how many likes you have or who's given them to you and no-one can see that you've given them a like?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Could someone explain the LIKE function to me? Has it become pointless on the new version of the forum, because you can't see how many likes you have or who's given them to you and no-one can see that you've given them a like?
              The likes do show as a counter in the bottom right of the post and if you click on the number it tells you who has 'liked' the post.

Comment

Many thanks to Rosely for getting this place in working order again! It will take some getting used to though. So far I'm finding it difficult to keep up with what's being posted, it's not as easy to lurk as it used to be. But I'm sure I'll find my way around again eventually. In any case it's good to see everyone happily posting again, even though my view is a bit fragmented at the moment.
                https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
                  Many thanks to Rosely for getting this place in working order again! It will take some getting used to though. So far I'm finding it difficult to keep up with what's being posted, it's not as easy to lurk as it used to be. But I'm sure I'll find my way around again eventually. In any case it's good to see everyone happily posting again, even though my view is a bit fragmented at the moment.
                  Hey DD.

Subscribing to the threads is a good bet for starting to see when there have been updates (there's a 'subscribe' button at the top of threads, and on member's profile pages too). By hitting 'new topics' you'll catch new threads that have been opened in the last couple of days, I tend to have that as my default home page. Or you can look at 'latest activity' on the main forum page. Using the drop down 'filter' menu you can alter how far back the latest activity includes, but it appears to be limited to since the update.

'New topics' is under the forum title and 'latest activity' is a tab just above the subforms list. There's also the option of checking 'subscriptions' there too and you'll receive notifications about threads you're subscribed to that will appear at the top right of the page.

Obviously you can also go into the subforums themselves from the main forum page and then scroll down in those to see which threads have been most recently posted into (or go back through the pages to look through older ones). Threads that have posts you haven't read yet will appear bold at the top of the list of threads in the subforums. The subforums also have their own 'latest activity' and 'my subscriptions' tabs at the top of their thread lists too.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                    Double Dutchess commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Stoney! It's a bit annoying to have to turn off New Topics each and every time when checking Latest Activity, but I guess this is the closest thing to the old Latest Activity we can get.

Everyone else has probably already clocked this, but my notifications aren't working at the moment so in finding myself a different system to catch unread posts I've only just noticed... if you are on the main forum page, a forum that contains threads with unread posts in it has blue speech bubbles, the forums where you are up to date appear grey.

Then of course the view in the forum itself shows the threads with unread posts in bold, the small circle with blue arrows beside the thread title taking you to the first unread post. As well as the last activity and subscription options being there too of course.

That's all. I just thought it might help others too.

Comment

• Priceless
                    Priceless commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Stoney, I hadn't caught the blue/grey speech bubbles.

A question related to what Stoney just posted:

When you are on the main page and you go to the bottom of it, there is a button to mark all threads as read. But I noticed that when I do that, it only works for a few days. After a while everything is blue again. Does that happen to others as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                    When you are on the main page and you go to the bottom of it, there is a button to mark all threads as read. But I noticed that when I do that, it only works for a few days. After a while everything is blue again. Does that happen to others as well?
                    I assume you're meaning the 'mark channels read' text at the bottom of the main page? I've never used it, but the only forums that are blue for me are the ones that have posts in them I haven't read, they don't all go blue again at any point, so it might be linked to using that button. We'll see if anyone else replies that uses it.

Comment

New question: is there anything equivalent to the old Advanced option when writing a reply to a thread? All I get is the tiny box at the bottom of the page, which gives you very few options and is in my opinion not very convenient for writing posts (even short ones).

Also, am I the only one for whom the new forum is very slow?

(I'm very grateful that the forum is working again, so I don't want to complain because it's so much better than having no forum at all, but still.)
                      https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Priceless
                        Priceless commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There are two little lines of dots at the bottom of the box your write your message in, and if you click and pull down, it makes that box a lot bigger.

Yes, this site is incredibly slow.

New question: is there anything equivalent to the old Advanced option when writing a reply to a thread? All I get is the tiny box at the bottom of the page, which gives you very few options and is in my opinion not very convenient for writing posts (even short ones).

(I'm very grateful that the forum is working again, so I don't want to complain because it's so much better than having no forum at all, but still.)

It's slow for me as well and a few times it just stopped working when I tried to post (or move a thread from one section to another). It's certainly not running smoothly atm.

About the advanced option: I don't think it's there. But you can make it bigger by dragging the grey bar down and if you click on the Letter and the Smiley in the right upper corner, you do have pretty much all the options available.

Comment

• GoSpuffy
                        GoSpuffy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Can you show this with pictures? What gray bar? What letter and smiley? Thx

Yes if you expand the text box and click the icons Nina mentioned I think you'll have everything you did before.

I do find some of the threads load slowly, but not all. I'm not sure if this will improve if we iron out a few more glitches or if it is something that we can increase the site capacity for, but it is something that has been commented on by others too so I'll add it to the list of glitches to consider.

Comment

It's also slow for me.
                        ā€œ

I like who I am when Iā€™m with him. I like who we are together.ā€

Comment

Working...
                        X