Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't know how to delete Cookies. I use Firefox now. IE I'd be fine with, but Firefox is complicted for anti-techno people like me.

sigpic
    ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post
      I wouldn't know how to delete Cookies. I use Firefox now. IE I'd be fine with, but Firefox is complicted for anti-techno people like me.
      I think this link should fill you in Hannah!

http://mozilla.gunnars.net/firefox_h..._tutorial.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ProphecyBoy View Post
        I think this link should fill you in Hannah!

http://mozilla.gunnars.net/firefox_h..._tutorial.html
        Bloody hell! So much text. I thought walkthroughs and the like was supposed to be simple? Thank you though Muchas gracias.

sigpic
        ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

• 1. Clearing cookies in Firefox is pretty simple.

Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Show Cookies >> Remove all Cookies

While it may not fix this particular problem (though it is possible it could) it is also good for fixing other little errors you get browsing forums and the internet from time to time. If something isn't working the way it should be, you can always try clearing your cookies because often times, this will fix it.

2. BuffyWorld just closed because the site owner lost interest. In the years prior to our move here, he had very limited interaction with the forum admins/mods, and toward the end, none at all. Then the site would encounter frequent database errors. This forum was set up so the members still had a place to go when the other forum was down and eventually we all just moved here instead.
          sigpic
          follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

• Is it my computer or is this forum spazzing out? Each time I quote somebody, the last person's post that I quoted shows up too. And also when I leave a certain section and have seen all the threads, it still says there are threads left to be seen inside.

And I've cleared out all my internet cookies and stuff so I don't think it's just my computer.

Has anybody had this happen to them before?

Comment

• When you say you "cleared out your cookies and stuff" I'm assuming you've also logged out of the account and closed ALL your internet browsers.

If you do multiquote, that can sometimes reappear. I suggest not doing the multiquote for a little bit to see if that helps.

If a thread you haven't read is in the dead threads that might make the section appear unread. Which section is doing it?

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

• The reason you might see that there are still unread threads/posts is because there might be a spam thread started in that section but because of the spam prevention modification we have in place it means you won't see the thread, but the forum will know it's there.

I'm not sure what's wrong with the multiquote but I'll search the Vbulletin help forum to see if they have any answers.

Comment

• Well, it's not so much the multiquote has something wrong. It's just so complicated with how it remembers selected posts that rather than explaining all the possiblilities, that it's easier to have him not use it and see if that's the problem in the first place.

And that's an interesting point about the spam threads.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                    When you say you "cleared out your cookies and stuff" I'm assuming you've also logged out of the account and closed ALL your internet browsers.
                    Yep.

If you do multiquote, that can sometimes reappear. I suggest not doing the multiquote for a little bit to see if that helps.
                    That seems to have stopped temporarily, so maybe I was just using it too much.

If a thread you haven't read is in the dead threads that might make the section appear unread. Which section is doing it?
                    Umm, every section...

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                    The reason you might see that there are still unread threads/posts is because there might be a spam thread started in that section but because of the spam prevention modification we have in place it means you won't see the thread, but the forum will know it's there.
                    Hmm I suppose that could be it, but I don't think so because after I re-enter the section to find this mystery unread thread I missed (but it's never there of course) and then return back to the main forum again it will now say I've read everything.

But anyways, I posted here again because it's two days later and it's still going rather wacky. I've always just used the default style, but I did switch to the others just to make sure - and on those ones too it shows me that I have a notification to read on my profile that's not there. I've been waiting and waiting, but it just won't dissapear at all and it's sorta annoying now. That issue and the unread threads thing is still occuring, but the quotes feature seems to have fixed itself.

Comment

• When you say it has a notification to read on your profile...
                      Do you use the drop down menu when you click on "Your Notifications" to see if there is anything there? And there is nothing highlighted? Or does it specifically say there is an unread visitor message?

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

When you say it has a notification to read on your profile...
                        Do you use the drop down menu when you click on "Your Notifications" to see if there is anything there? And there is nothing highlighted? Or does it specifically say there is an unread visitor message?
                        With the menu dropped down it specifically says that there is an unread profile visitor message...and yet there isn't. You're a mod and all, so I don't think you'd do anything crazy on it, so if you want I could pm you my password and you could see if it's just my computer or something.

I don't know what else to do.

Comment

• It is quite possible that you missed a message. You seem to have a lot of messages. I suggest going back through your pages of visitor messages. And that way it will clear any message that might have been "overlooked" according to the system. I have also seen that someone posted a visitor message the month you were gone. I deleted that in case it was the rogue.

If you're not partial to any of your messages, I think I can delete them all and that should clear out the system as well.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

It is quite possible that you missed a message. You seem to have a lot of messages. I suggest going back through your pages of visitor messages. And that way it will clear any message that might have been "overlooked" according to the system. I have also seen that someone posted a visitor message the month you were gone. I deleted that in case it was the rogue.

If you're not partial to any of your messages, I think I can delete them all and that should clear out the system as well.
                            I don't want the messages all deleted for now, and thankfully I don't think we'll have too. Maybe it was the one that you just got rid of, because the problem seems to have been solved for now which is good. I don't exactly understand what was wrong with it, but oh well.

Thank you so so much for your help! I know you went through quite a bit of work...

Comment

• That cleared it up? Great!! My guess is while we were having problems with your account and you were gone, you got a profile message, but before you logged in to read it, it was deleted. But the message still existed even if you couldn't see it so the notification remained.

Okay, does that leave your last problem to be the sections saying you have unread threads?

If so, I want you to double click on all the icons to the left of each section. That will mark all the sections and threads as read. Hopefully giving you that clear start will help us figure out what is going on. Let me know if any of the sections keep giving you problems saying there are unread posts.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

• Just noticed that I suddenly have a title! Who makes them up? Why did I just get one? Just curious.
                                I have loved you. - Ser Jorah Mormont

Comment

Working...
                                X