Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Which Plugins do we still want/need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Plugins do we still want/need?

I can't promise that everything will be back with the upgrade. Because I simply don't know..
    But this is the list of Plugins that we use now, I would like to know which ones we want/need back.

Product : Delete PM Upon Sending
    Product : Display Unread Posts
    Product : Extended reputation display
    Product : Filter posts and new threads through Akismet
    Product : IWT - Time Spent Online
    Product : Moderate User Registrations (ModCP Option)
    Product : My Threads - My Posts
    Product : MySmilies vB
    Product : Nestaron's ModCP User Administration
    Product : Notepad
    Product : Post Thank You Hack
    Product : PostRelease
    Product : Recent Thanks
    Product : Separate Sticky and Normal Threads
    Product : Simple Postbit by BOP5
    Product : Who Quoted Me
    Product : Who Quoted Me Page
    Product : [ForumOps] My Active Threads

I tried making a poll... not possible now

As i know nothing about technical things, I'm happy for others who know more to decide this one

Comment

Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

What Priceless said!
        Last edited by GoSpuffy; 20-01-20, 10:59 PM.

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

I would love it if Recent Thanks, Extended reputation display & display Unread Messages would return. But I can live without them if it's hard to bring them back.

Thank you for all your work Rosely.

Comment

Huge thanks again for doing all of this Rosely.

I'm not sure what all of these mean to be honest. I tend to keep a copy of PMs I've sent for a little bit, I think that is a tick box option at the moment to save a copy when sending messages. So I'm not sure if that relates to the 'Delete PM' option.

If I'm understanding them correctly(!), I like Display Unread Posts, Extended Reputation Display, Recent Thanks and any that keep my subscribed threads lists (that might be 'My threads - My Posts' and/or 'My Active Threads', I'm not sure).

It would be a sad thing if we lost all the smilies we have, I love those.

Comment

Keep everything we can, IMO. Unless it's a compatibility or cost issue.

Was thinking, though, maybe could do some rearranging of things anyway, like how the forums are organized, what gets permanent forums, etc. Like Buffy "news" is more frequent than standalone show forums, but it's a subforum, stuff like that.
              sigpic
              Banner by LRae12

Comment

I second what Stoney said about the smileys. Apart from those I hardly use any of the other options, but I'll be happy to contribute towards supporting the features other people like (who post more than I do).
                https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

sigpic

Comment

What Stoney said....

Comment

All caught up

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

Product : Delete PM Upon Sending
                      Product : Display Unread Posts
                      Product : Extended reputation display
                      Product : Filter posts and new threads through Akismet
                      Product : IWT - Time Spent Online
                      Product : Moderate User Registrations (ModCP Option)
                      Product : My Threads - My Posts
                      Product : MySmilies vB
                      Product : Nestaron's ModCP User Administration
                      Product : Notepad
                      Product : Post Thank You Hack
                      Product : PostRelease
                      Product : Recent Thanks
                      Product : Separate Sticky and Normal Threads
                      Product : Simple Postbit by BOP5
                      Product : Who Quoted Me
                      Product : Who Quoted Me Page
                      Product : [ForumOps] My Active Threads

KEEP ALL OF IT. And if you can, keep the Dead Threads at its current spot/time. Especially since 2015 A.D., I've not had enough time to go through threads and post. I have a lot of catching up to do.

I also hope the 100K character limit for posts is kept. This is the best Buffyverse forum because you can respond to so many posts 'at once' and you can write very long and detailed posts.

It wasn't listed; so, I hope the editing stuff is kept: bold, italics, underline, hyperlink, etc.

And, finally, BIG thanks to KingOfCretins for apparently donating almost $90. I donated $50 and was hoping the balance would be paid off by others, but was willing to pay the entire $251 if absolutely necessary. I know not everyone's budget and resources are the same. And I still haven't copied and pasted 'the archive' into Word.

And BIG thanks to the moderators for having the time and spending the time moderating this Board. Overall, the moderation has in the past been relatively excellent and this Board has never come anywhere in the universe of what the former IM)b Board was.

Comment

Thank you all. I'll do my best to keep all or most of it. The first hassle is now how to do the backup of the database. I hope I'll get around to it tonight.
                        So you guys are all really really fast, and Nikki has bought the license this morning and gave me all details.
                        But now I have to fix it all and not loose anything.. haha so it's gonna take me some time.

Comment

Is it too late to give more money and get a mobile app?

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

Rosely, I couldn't send you a visitor message nor a private message: So, I'm writing this:

Thanks for the rep. And, you're welcome. This Board has occupied very likely literally months of my life and its largely what I do instead of gaming. While not as active as before, this is still the best Board for discussion of the Buffyverse simply because of the Board's setup and makeup (of users).

During the Board downtime, I've been watching "Sex Education". I hope it gets a Season 3. Emma Mackey is so excellent in the series, I hope she gets awards and gets a good career.

I may be one of the relative few in the world who considers BtVS, "Gossip Girl", and "Sex Education" all great series and all the best 'high school series' of their time.

Comment

Mike, You're very welcome of course

(QUOTE=GoSpuffy;758318)Is it too late to give more money and get a mobile app?(/QUOTE)

Someone did, but let me please just figure out this upgrade first. So don't donate now! Thank you for your willingness though

Comment

Working...
                              X