Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Which Plugins do we still want/need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:
    Did the backup of the huge database
    downloaded the new forum and uploaded the files into a new forum to test it all.
    But I asked the hosting company how to import that huge database again in a new one to test the upgrade without risking this one

Anyway, it's in progress, I really hope to finish it all in this week, but it's also a really busy week. I'll do my best!

Comment

Thank you so much for all you are doing. It is very much appreciated x

Comment

Wonderful news!

Comment

Let me add my thanks Rosely, it is very kind of you all to put the work in to this board for the rest of us. As long as the new site is mobile friendly it will be better for my needs.
          Last edited by GoSpuffy; 22-01-20, 12:01 AM.

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Fantastic news Rosely! Adding in my appreciation for all that you are doing.

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you
              for all your tremendous work, Rosely—

And please, take your time—

Comment

Echoing the thanks for all the hard work, Rosely !
                What a challenge, honesty
                What a struggle to learn to speak
                Who would've thought that pretending was easier

Comment

Just to flag up the point someone made, which I've found to be true, that if you try to include formatting code in your post other than smilies (such as bold, italics etc), that it seems to prevent the post working, even when you go through the current posting procedure*.

[*First draft a post and copy the text, then... Post - Edit Post - Go Advanced... and paste the text back in before hitting 'save']

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* I was the one who stated the ‘formatting code’ doesn’t work.

* Big thanks for Rosely for the time and effort to keep the archive and ‘set up’ the upgraded website. It ‘speaks volumes’ that membership hasn’t fallen since the site has been down.

Comment

Thanks Rosely! Yay...two posts in a row. I'm on a roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

You're all very welcome

I'm having troubles with this HUGE database that we have, it's 2.7GB...
                        So I think I'm going to delete the VIP Dead Threads. They don't count towards postcount and they are ancient.

Comment

Rosely, thank you for all the hard work you are doing!

Re: The Dead Threads. Does that mean only certain threads will go or all of the old threads will be lost? How far back do they go? Is there any way to extract certain threads? If possible, it would be great to save the Season Rewatch Threads that Stoney was running - all reviews by various members that I refer back to on a continuous basis. It would be a shame to lose those. Is there any way to preserve them?

Comment

American Aurora - there are special threads for older threads on the forum called dead threads. The rewatch threads have not been sorted into dead threads as far as I remember. The dead threads in the subforum "Buffy" are from 2013 and earlier. The rewatch threads started in 2014, I think. And VIP is a completely different subforum, which is not very active anymore.

But if it would be easier to update the forum, we might consider getting rid of more dead threads in other subforums as well. As long as the active parts of the subforums are being rescued i could probably deal with the loss.

However, I'd plead for the fanfics to be saved. It's not technically a dead thread but they are archived in a subforum called archive in the fanfiction section.

flow
                            Last edited by flow; 24-01-20, 02:16 PM.
                            ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Don't worry, I was only talking about the VIP Spam chats, that are mostly from 2007-2012

They were over 300.000 posts, so I think if I am done deleting them, it will help a lot

Comment

Insert gif of appropriate mourning for much much spam with Lou and Mark and so many others.
                                sigpic
                                Banner by LRae12

Comment

Working...
                                X