No announcement yet.

Report a Problem or give a Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've the feeling that there is a relation between the double posting and how slow BF is. When everything runs smoothly I've no problems (as far as I can remember) but when it takes a while before pages load I often double post. Although I don't know if one is the concequence of the other or if both are concequences of something else.

Comment

I changed the autosave time from 1 minute to 2 minutes. Let me know if that slows the appearance of this double post problem. I think the moment the post is submitted is coinciding with the autosave refresh although I couldnt replicate it.

I only have the double post happen on my computer and never on my ipad so I feel like the forum isnt playing well with some browser or computer setting. This makes it hard for me to diagnose and remedy it. And not having any one else respond to my questions just doesnt give me enough info to see a pattern or let me know how know how widespread a problem is.

I am not experiencing slowness of page loading except rarely although pages like thanks, user cp, visitor page may take longer . If there is a extended period of slowness it returns to normal speed when I come back to the forum. The slowness started a few months ago as reported by Stoney, Nina, Cori, so there is probably some common denominator, but I am at a loss. I can make the forum private again or cut a lot of forum features to see if that remedies things but reducing that functionality is last resort.

I wish more people would comment on how the forum is running for them.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

BF is also slow on my tablet sadly enough; I use the regular internet explorer browser (not the app-version) on my tablet. I'll try the app-version out one of these days to check how well that one is doing.

Comment

Buffyforum's is running fine for me, both on my laptop and iphone. I just wish we had a bigger community like the good old days.

Comment

I have just tried running through Firefox rather than Safari and it still took about 30secs to load the thanks page. As I said, it is the only site that runs slow for me so I am not sure what else to try/check.

I'll second wishing we had more peeps around.

Comment

Hmmm I didn't have this problem in a few weeks, but it just happened again, the "double posting bug"

What internet browsers is this happening in? Chrome (on mac)
              What forum style do you use? Default
              What is the time between when you click into the quick reply text box to when you click the "post quick reply" button below the text box? (The auto save refreshes every sixty seconds which I can adjust.) If you enter quick reply or post by another manner tell me so.
              Ehm I think a couple of minutes.
              Is the Games the only forum it is happening in? What others? It was in the VIP chat
              Has this ever happened when posting from the Advanced posting dialogue? Not that I know.

Comment

The last few weeks I used more often the browser-app on my tablet and I never made a double post. So it indeed looks like it only happens when you use a normal browser (no matter if you use that normal browser on a tablet or on a pc).

Anyway there is something else; at the moment we're talking about what the fanart section needs to attract some new artists and most of us already mentioned/agreed that it would probably help is we're visible for guests again. Art theft is extremely annoying but not being seen is possibly a factor in so few new artists joining. In the past several of us joined because we noticed the fanart section so it's very well possible that the section will attract new members even if they don't want to talk about Buffy. The discusion takes place in the Fanart section but I decided to post it here as well; just in case.

Comment

Help! As of a few days ago I cannot access the forum on my home PC anymore. I tried it with IE and Google Chrome, neither worked. The strange thing is that my Internet connection works and I haven't got any problems with any other website, just Buffyforums. Anyone know what I can do?

Comment

Nevermind, I unplugged my modem and plugged it back in again and now I can access the forum again. Weird!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cori View Post
                      Nevermind, I unplugged my modem and plugged it back in again and now I can access the forum again. Weird!
                      That is weird! What a relief you thought to do that and it worked. I wouldnt have had any good suggestions. I need my Cori!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

• I'd just like to point out that my anti-virus program won't let me into the 'Backgrounds, brushes, etc.' thread in the fanart resources section. It tells me that there's malware present. I remember I had a similar problem a few years ago when Zugma's site was still online and I think there was a few issues there?

Anyway, just a heads up. I don't know if anyone else is having an issue.
                        Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• It's indeed an issue that is caused by Zugma's old work. The same problem arises when you try to look into old challenges or her tutorial thread. But it's probably time to do something about it in the workshop thread since that one is still active. It is possible to go directly to the last page of that thread and see the recent stuff though.

Does somebody know how we can reach the posts that cause the malware warning so we can remove those pictures?

Comment

• I can't get into the thread at all - as soon as I click on the last page (or any page) my anti-virus kicks in. Which is a pain, because I wanted to share new textures that I'd made, lol.

I imagine that a lot of the resources that have been posted in that thread would be dead by now, so maybe it would be better to archive it and start a new one? Any one still active who had posted in that thread could then just repost in a new thread.
                            Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• I dont have any problem entering the thread. I thought I could delete the links but then I realized how many pages there were in the thread. It is also quite possible there are other links causing your antivirus to deny the thread.

It is best to start a new thread and link to the old one for those who can still enter it. I created one here. Nina, you can edit it any way you wish.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

• As it was mentioned I should asked about this here. A friend of mine was asked to join these forums but she's having trouble logging in because it sounds like AOL is automatically zapping her any automated emails with the registration code, etc. Does anyone know the workaround for that? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X