FORUM GOING OFFLINE (temporary)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosely View Post
    hmm that is weird. Well maybe it's related to the host we are on now (which is the pain in the ass reason we're moving, they suck beyond words and have absolutely not understood what the word 'service' means...)
    Let's hope that Sunday or Monday (depending on how long the DNS change takes, it can take up to 24 or even 48 hours, but usually 24), you will no longer have troubles getting here. And otherwise we'll give you the other domain name.

Of course, you being in Australia, this means we'll start on this at Sunday night, and thus for you it will definitely be Monday or maybe Tuesday.
    I did contact Lunarpages and they said the IP wasn't blocked at all and think it's the ISP who have blocked it.. hopefully the move will mean you can access us again

Comment

Will the new forum use different coding for replies, in terms of [spoiler*][/spoiler*], or [quote], etc? I'm just wondering in terms of replies I am drafting....
      Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
        Will the new forum use different coding for replies, in terms of [spoiler*][/spoiler*], or [quote*], etc? I'm just wondering in terms of replies I am drafting....
        No, it will still be the same And there will be a 'who quoted me' page

Comment

Originally posted by Rosely View Post
          No, it will still be the same And there will be a 'who quoted me' page
          Oh good, so I don't have to finish my replies before then--and wow that will be super helpful for catching up!!
          Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
            Oh good, so I don't have to finish my replies before then--and wow that will be super helpful for catching up!!
            Nope Everything will be moved to the new forum, that's why this one will be closed, otherwise people will keep posting after we download the last database, and those posts would be lost.
            The new forum will look a bit different, but it's still the same software, just a version up

Comment

Catch ya on the flipside, BuffyForums
              sigpic
              Banner by LRae12

Comment

And we're back!

Comment

It looks great! Thank you so much to everyone involved for making it possible for this place to still exist and look so pretty
                  Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre
                  sigpic

Comment

I was wondering about logging in. On the old forum I never had to log in again after the first time but even with the "remember me" option activated I still have to log in every single visit now. Is that the way the new forum works or do I miss an option?

Comment

Thank you Rosely for all your work ahead of time to make this transition smooth and to only keep the forum off for a couple hours instead of a whole day.

Lots of stuff is still going on behind scenes, the forum will move slower today while this is happening.

We are also still editing and working on styles for the forum. I know we all miss the old ones we had for ten years. (I am in mourning for our old blue and green styles). They didnt work with this new upgrade which we had to do now. The styles we are using are not the only styles we will have and I hope we can edit at least one style to be more streamlined like previous ones.

Have fun exploring! If you need help, ask in here!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                        I was wondering about logging in. On the old forum I never had to log in again after the first time but even with the "remember me" option activated I still have to log in every single visit now. Is that the way the new forum works or do I miss an option?
                        oh really? That is weird.. Honestly it's not a problem for me. If it's still happening tomorrow, can you please post it in the "Report a Problem" thread, which is located next to this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                          The forum is in transition between hosts. The forum is hosted on the new server, but the buffyforums name is not yet. Your bf link is redirecting you to the new forum host. That redirecting is what makes you relog in. You can bookmark the forum again to keep logged in. But once we get the bf name switched to the new host, your old bookmarks will work again.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

BTW, when you login with your mobile phone, please change to the mobile style it's good!

Comment

Thank you both I'll do both the bookmarking and the mobile skin thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                                The forum is in transition between hosts. The forum is hosted on the new server, but the buffyforums name is not yet. Your bf link is redirecting you to the new forum host. That redirecting is what makes you relog in. You can bookmark the forum again to keep logged in. But once we get the bf name switched to the new host, your old bookmarks will work again.
                                Clever Lyn!!

I've now changed the main forum link back to buffyforums.net, which brings us back at our normal domain
                                Or at least, I hope it does...

Comment

Working...
                                X