No announcement yet.

FORUM GOING OFFLINE (temporary)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will PMs be saved, or will those be reset as well?

And will there be some kind of secret skin in the future?
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
      Will PMs be saved, or will those be reset as well?

And will there be some kind of secret skin in the future?
      The PMs should be fine. We've upgraded before with no problems. The pm system isn't an add on.

I think a lot us want a secretive skin so we will be looking into finding one.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

What's a secret skin? (asks the technology idiot) It sounds very covert.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
          It's a very bare version of the forum with no images, etc, so those of us who like to lurk at work can be covert and hang around on the forum without it being obvious that we're on a forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
            At the bottom left of the page there is a drop down menu of all the forum styles. It's the one call "Secretive."

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Ah, I never noticed them, I am now all knowledgable!

Comment

Also, we're going to need new banners for the new styles for the forum!

They will have to be wider.

Comment

you guys are awesome, and I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosely View Post
                    Also, we're going to need new banners for the new styles for the forum!

They will have to be wider.
                    For anyone that is interested in creating a new banner:
                    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19715

Comment

Hey for the past few weeks I've been unable to access the forum from my home internet as my service provider inexplicably seems to have blocked access to BF. It pretty much means I can no longer post as whilst I can browse the forum on my phone, writing long posts on an iPhone just isn't practical. With the domain switch this weekend is there any likelihood that I'll be able to access the forum again or is it unlikely to make any difference?
                      "The earth is doomed!" - Banner by Nina

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                        Hey for the past few weeks I've been unable to access the forum from my home internet as my service provider inexplicably seems to have blocked access to BF. It pretty much means I can no longer post as whilst I can browse the forum on my phone, writing long posts on an iPhone just isn't practical. With the domain switch this weekend is there any likelihood that I'll be able to access the forum again or is it unlikely to make any difference?
                        Hmmmm it depends has your ISP blocked it by domain name or by IP address? In the second situation, it will be lifted as the IP will change, as will the DNS. But if it's the domain.. then for the first year we will have a solution for you (there is a temp extra domain for now), but can you contact your ISP to ask them WHY on earth they are blocking this site?

Comment

Oh ok well a year is better than nothing as I think I might be moving in a few months anyway I have been putting off contacting them as they are a real pain in the ass but I guess I might have to. It's just very strange. One moment the forum was working fine then it started to get very slow and then I just couldn't access it at all. I can't imagine why they'd suddenly block me from accessing it.

Comment

hmm that is weird. Well maybe it's related to the host we are on now (which is the pain in the ass reason we're moving, they suck beyond words and have absolutely not understood what the word 'service' means...)
                            Let's hope that Sunday or Monday (depending on how long the DNS change takes, it can take up to 24 or even 48 hours, but usually 24), you will no longer have troubles getting here. And otherwise we'll give you the other domain name.

Of course, you being in Australia, this means we'll start on this at Sunday night, and thus for you it will definitely be Monday or maybe Tuesday.

Comment

Ok well fingers crossed the change will fix this! I miss this place Thanks for your help and I'll contact you if I still can't access the forum by Wednesday!

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                                Ok well fingers crossed the change will fix this! I miss this place Thanks for your help and I'll contact you if I still can't access the forum by Wednesday!
                                Oh you will know when the DNS has moved, because we will close this forum, and then after the migration and upgrade the other one will be open.
                                Then when the DNS has done it's thing and point towards the new webspace, it will be open.
                                So closed forum is old host, open forum is new host

Comment

Working...
                                X